Vinimates: Lost In Space B-9 Robot
There are 2 kinds of people in this world. Those that love Lost in Space, and those that are just incorrect. …maybe 3… I guess I’ll allow for the odd strange lad or lady that hasn’t seen it. Still though, my childhood was well built upon re-runs of Lost in Space. My dreams are frequently filled with a wacky looking robot screaming Danger Will Robinson! Fast forward almost 40 years, and today, has landed on my shelf, the Lost In Space B-9 Robot Vinimate. What is a Vinimate? Picture the same incredible art and design of a Minimate, bigger, more ornate, vinyl, and more statue-esque. Why do you want this one though? Apart from being wrong if you don’t?
- The Vinimate design captures B-9 show-perfect here.
- Spinning head dome!
- His muted grey / silver is strongly contrasted by the explosive red hands.
- Scuplt detail here is top notch, all of the lines you remember,
- Sharp detail on B-9’s front panel, contrasting colors make the panel look like it’s actually lighting up even though it’s paint.
- Of the amazing new Vinimates line of toys, few characters cry out for articulation quite like B-9. Arms that flail was his signature move, I get what Vinimates is going for, I love it…but I would have loved it with flailing arms more.
- Who doesn’t want a B-9 in their house? No one…This is an incredibly faithful treatment to the character and should find a happy place on anyone’s shelves!
MUReview received these products for free for review purposes.