Playmates Toys is introducing monster-themed figures based on season 5, 4-episode story arc, titled Tales of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. In the Monsters + Mutants story arc, which will begin airing on Nickelodeon on October 8, 2017, the evil villain Savanti Romero is back with a plan to unleash the world’s most famous monsters upon New York City. The Turtles gear up with new monster-hunting weapons to save the city and themselves!
The Monsters + Mutants collection includes the following six figures:
- Monster Hunter Leo (comes with a pair of daggers and his signature katanas)
- Monster Hunter Raph (comes fully disguised, with a detachable machine gun)
- Mutant Mummy Leo (comes with a sword and a deadly golden cobra)
- Werewolf Mikey (comes with a set of bone nunchuks and a slice of pizza)
- Frankendon (Monstrously mutated Frankendon comes with a bo staff)
- Vampire Raph (Mutated into a vampire, Raph comes fanged and cloaked, with a dagger, a sai, and a vampire bat buddy
The Monsters + Mutants figures will be available later this month at mass retailers, including Walmart, Target, Toys“R”Us and on Amazon for $8.99 each.