SDCC 2014: Hasbro Infinity Gauntlet Box Set
I cannot believe that this moment has finally come. Since first hearing about the set, salivating…really wasn’t the right word for what it came to. Today though, on my door a nice giant sized box arrived containing what can only be referred to…as the precious. The Infinity Gauntlet Box set, exclusively sold at SDCC 2014’s Hasbro booth, and now, for a very short time (while supplies last) available on Hasbrotoyshop.com. The set features a giant, man sized Infinity Gauntlet, sure to fit nearly any hand that holds it, even Thanos’s hand. Also included in the set….Thanos himself, Nebula, Star Fox and Mistress Death, 3 of the four, available for the first time ever in 3.75 inch plastic!!
- Thanos is displayed in his classic darker blue with gold tones and highlights, the colors here jump just like they do off the printed page.
- The ethereal translucent gauntlet on Thanos’s left hand pays great homage to the power that was the Infinity Gauntlet.
- The paint application and face mirror the 2-pack Thanos released with Adam Warlock, not the original single carded release. This means a full grin and a gold stripe down the chest.
- I got nothin, this is about as close as we will get to the classic Thanos from the amazing 90’s Infinity Gauntlet series.
- Hasbro nails Nebula dead on, right down to the highlights in her hair.
- Clean paint application.
- Not a bad…but, do we get a single carded variant from Nebula in the GoTG movie? Wishful thinking…
- Highly comic accurate.
- Comes with Gauntlet accessory and it fits really well!
- Repaint of the Quicksilver from the Marvel Universe line…he was dead on just about the same guy, so good job there.
- I’m really not too sure about the blue hues across Star Fox’s chest.
- Mistress Death comes with a swappable flesh head and hand.
- Swapping is easy, doesn’t feel permanent if you go one way or the other.
- Once again, Hasbro has absolutely nailed the essence of the character that they set out to.
- Mistress Death features absolute zero articulation. This is a little disappointing because it would have been nice to setup a few poses between she and Thanos.
- It’s huge! It will fit on just about any hand human or otherwise…
- Highly detailed soft foam, a strap is in the Gauntlet to hold it on your hand.
- Each gem looks like it has little skulls set inside of it.
- For the first time ever, you can control the galaxy with your own Infinity Gauntlet!!
- Did you see Guardians of the Galaxy? If you did you should know that you don’t do anything bad with or around an Infinity Gem…you just don’t.
All of em:
- Seriously, any fan of the Gauntlet absolutely MUST own this!!!
- As of this writing, you can still get this at Hasbro Toy Shop if you missed it at SDCC…Otherwise it’s the eBay train for you!
Hasbro Infinity Gauntlet Box Set Package and Group Pictures:
Hasbro Infinity Gauntlet Wearing it Pictures:
MUReview received these products for free.