Hasbro brought a ton of great news to share with Marvel Fans at their SDCC 2013 panel. Over the week there has been a ton of speculation, most of it turned out to be true and thankfully, all of it is pretty good news!
Iron Man 3
– The final wave of Iron Man 3 Assemblers is shown, we’ll be getting Igor and Red Snapper.
– The Hall of Armor pack (previously reported) will be an Amazon.com exclusive in October.
– We will see Iron Man 3 Micro Muggs wave 2 in August.
Thor: The Dark World
– The most articulated line they’ve done, in stores October 1.
– Line features Thor, the Dark Elf, Loki.
– A fifth figure will be revealed in the booth on Sunday.
– Thor 2 role play gear includes, you guessed it, a hammer and a helmet.
– Wave 5 officially announced as Omega Red, Northstar / Aurora (variants), Black Knight and Nightcrawler (AoA).
– The X-Men 3 pack (Juggernaut Colossus, Emma, Asotnishing Cyke) will be coming this fall.
– Marvel Universe is not going anywhere, it’s just getting a new title, “Avengers” as requested by retail.
– Picking up where David Vonner left off, the design duty’s of the line will be taken up by Bobby Vella.
– The first figures we see from the Avengers line are:
– Grim Reaper
– They both look great!
– The final Marvel legends line as we know it, wave 3 will include
– Agent Venom
– Tigershark and Radioactive Man (variant)
– Moonstone and Songbird (variant)
– Blizzard and Batroc (variant)
– Wave 3 BAF Jubilee
– 2014 will not have another mini BAF, it’s going back to full size.
– All Marvel Legends will be moving into movie tie ins.
– The first of which is Captain America: The Winter Soldier.
– Captain America (Marvel Now version)
– Baron Zemo (Marvel Now version)
– We will see the end of variants, they will just be packed 1 per case
– Black Cat
– BAF is Ultimate Green Goblin
– Star-Lord is shown, let’s assume that this will be a Guardians of the Galaxy figure, no date was given.
Q and A
– No BAF for 3.75 line.
– We will still get lesser known figures in the Avengers 3.75 and movie tie in 6 inch lines.
– 3 packs will be discontinued in the Avengers line, no mention of 2 packs.
– New case packaging (no more variants) starts in 2014, so oh well for wave 5…
– Playskool Marvel will continue.
– Stryfe (6 inch) is still ready to go, just needs a home.
Check out yet more of Nathan E. from the Make Mine Marvel Facebook Page’s hard work!