The Cup O’ Joe panel is a must at any convention. Fans get to sit and listen to, and ask questions of the Marvel Editor in Chief, Joe Quesada. I’m going to let the slides do the talking for the most part. The panel was great, informative, showed off a lot of great new coming books, but to skip the end before we get to the beginning. The Q and A session kicked off with an accusatory and pointed question that tried to catch the Marvel cast off guard, and they responded with grace when it came to outrage about the outing of Bobby Drake by Jean Grey (the conversation that happened between friends). It was painful to listen to, and at the end of the day, it proves that it doesn’t matter how hard you try, someone will be offended. I’m sorry to the person that was offended, but at the end of the day, write a letter. Everyone in that room was there in fun and good spirits, not to point fingers or start arguments with their favorite creators. Nuff’ said.
The panel featured:
Ed McGuiness, Al Ewing, Sana Samant, Jordan White, Nick Lowe, Axel Alonso and Joe Quesada.
- Marvel will be celebrating Cap’s 75th anniversary in style with Sam wilson at the helm in Captain America #7.
- Cap will get variant covers with tons of different takes on the shield!
Black Panther’s 50th
- Black Panther will also get a whole ton of variant love for the anniversary.
Contest of Champions
- The first book based on a video game that’s based on a book!
- New Character named Guillotine, she’s French.
- Coming 12/15.
- This is all in universe, all in canon.
- Characters from books will go into the game and vice versa.
Captain Marvel novel
- Written by Dean Hale and Shannon Hale, this will target young adults.
- Release TBD
Marvel joins the New York Musical Theater Festival.
- and they are very excited about it.
- Look for this journey into hilarity in January of 2016.
- Peter Parker is back and the head of his own company.
- Pete will take what he learned from Uncle Ben and apply it to his company, and it goes global.
- Parker has access to unlimited resources…so lots of gadgets…oh and..
- DOC OCK IS BACK
- Check it out 12/16
- The Surfer takes his Girlfriend back to earth January 2016.
- March is the 50th anniversary of the Silver Surfer. Something will happen that changes the character forever!
- Daredevil gets a sidekick that can turn invisible. Sam Chung AKA Blindspot!
- Murdock is back in NY and his secret identity is restored.
- He is now a DA.
- Black Bolt’s son gets kidnapped by Kang. Chaos ensues.
- The Inhuman books will be multiplying with All New Inhumans, Ms Marvel and Karnak, all with great stories!
- Ms Marvel will begin coming to terms with what it means to be an Avenger.
- Karnak will punch people.
- The All New Inhumans will deal with Medusa getting around with Johnny Storm.
- Vader gets a new book that crosses him over with the Star Wars main book in Vader Down.
- He’s found a giant Rebel Army…and he’s all alone, what could go wrong?
- Vader gets an annual where he finds himself on a diplomatic mission.
- Obi Wan and Anakin get a book that features a young Anakin (13), and develops the relationship between he and Obi.
Q and A
- I failed you here. Q and A really lost me after the first question. There was one point though where the stage told a reader to read the end of Secret Wars, and the reader said “I would but it keeps getting pushed out?!!”. That was pretty damned funny.
Check out the slideshow!