Marvel had some fun announcements at their games panel….
The Panel: Javon Frasier, TQ Jefferson, Chris Baker – the management.
“What do we do at Marvel Games?”
True to character experience
Marvel Games is rededicated to delivering the best gameplay experience possible.
This year Marvel Games celebrates it’s 30th anniversary.
The highlights and new stuff…
- Currently available – Amazing Spider-Man for iOS and new DLC for consoles, check em’ out.
- The Amazing Spider-Man is coming to the Wii U next spring.
- For the Wii U we will see an ultimate version with all DLC.
- The Wii U screen will double as the OsPhone.
- Marvel War of Heroes trailer displayed.
- This is a digital card game.
- Build your group of heroes.
- Free to play.
- Nova is a character in the game.
- 300 characters at launch.
- This will be a live service every 2 weeks with new battles, new bosses, etc…
- In the vein of Magic The Gathering.
- Users will be able to trade cards.
- Users can pre-register at marvelwarofheroes.com to get an exclusive Black Widow Card.
- Marvel Pinball is the best selling Marvel game out there – Dan Slott is one of the best players in the world – number 60 – Dan is the writer of Superior Spider-Man.
- A new table is announced based on the Civil War (Marvel).
- You choose which side to register. This will impact the game significantly.
- Recruit members to your side. Moments from the comics play out.
- Should be out by end of year 2012.
- Avengers Alliance (huge cheers) the kids love this one.
- Make a game on Facebook for core gamers was the aim / goal.
- Upwards of 30 million users, over a million a day.
- Last panel was AVX.
- New Costumes are introduced, not just skins but with gameplay value.
- Marvel is now retrofitting original characters with new costumes, new buffs (previously announced).
- 90’s Cyclops, Grey Hulk, Classic Magic X-Men Legacy Rogue
- Cable vs Deadpool
- Deadpool is out now as a PVP tourney reward. Cable will be out in the future the same way in the near future.
- Avengers Alliance reaches CHAPTER 9 with Hercules
- We will see a challenge mode tuned to your agents level.
- A new Vision Spec Ops will be available.
- Another new Spec Ops is coming featuring Ghost rider, Mephisto, Satana, Baron and Baron Mordo.
- Now we get a look at New characters:
- Black Knight
- Union jack
- Captain Britain
- New locations will be available.
- Avengers Initiative lead Patrick Brown shows us a new trailer.
- Captain America showed up at the end.
- A free Gladiator Hulk costume is available now and for a limited time over the next few days so go grab that on iOS.
- Captain America is the next character to join the game and they are trying to get them in before the end of the year.
- Marvel XP is a new system by which all involved games will share rewards:
- Ex: If you beat someone in Avengers Alliance, something will become available in Avengers Initiative.
- The first cross game reward will be the Hulk Buster Iron Man. If you beat him in Initiative, you will get a classic Iron Man armor in Alliance.
- We just got a look at some highlights from SDCC.
- The developer just came out in tape…all bound and gagged.
- We are told we will get lots of surprise characters and ridiculous humor by Terry from High Noon studios.
- Deadpool then danced around the audience. A cheap knock off Deadpool.
- Then, the “real” one showed up.
- Marvel did a great job of finding a quick smooth talking loon to put on the red and black.
- We are going to see Domino in the game.
- We will see the game in 2013.
- The game WILL be rated M!
- Marvel Heroes
- We got a look at a trailer…that included
- Rocket Raccoon!!!
- Different costumes for all characters, each with their own abilities.
- There are now 25 announced characters (probably more my math stinks).
- We will see true flight in this game.
- Sign up for the closed beta at marvelheroes.com.
- Avengers Battle for Earth, Kinect
- The game will follow the story line of the Marvel Secret Invasion.
- Release 10/30.
- Stan Lee showed up out of nowhere and loves Avengers Battle for Earth even though he doesn’t have a cameo.
- He said Excelsior.
- Nuff’ said.