The first panel MUReview sat for this year was the Marvel Now! X-Men panel. Some good stuff came out of it…read on.
The Panel: Nick Lowe, Rick Remender, Jason Aaron, Si Spurrier, Dennis Hopeless, Marjorie Liu, Peter David, Jerry Dugan and moderated by Arune Singh.
Arune wanted to let us all know:
“X-Men Fans are the best fans in the world.”
The New X-Men – written by David Marquez
- The book will feature characters from the past…literally, it’s the originals from back in the day transported to the future.
- They don’t like it, it kind of looks like Days of Future past to them.
Wolverine and the X-Men – by Jason Aaron
- There will be new Mutants.
- We will see a cast shakeup.
- Wolverine Fights Frankenstein.
- Captain America is taking up Charles Xavier’s cause.
- The first arc villain is Red Skull.
- Red Skull has Professor X’s brain!
- What’s he going to do with all of that power?
- This will not be a quick solve for the Avengers.
- Things will mix up with Apocalypse and Kang as well.
Cable and X-Force – 12/12.
- Forge, Domino, Colossus, Cable, Dr. Nemesis.
- They are bringing back the 90’s X-Force feel.
- Cable wants to retire, he is cured of his virus and he has just one thing left to do.
- That one thing doesn’t work out so well.
- X-Force will be on the run from the Avengers.
- This is coming to a close with issue 35 12 / 12.
- Issues 34 and 35 will have lots of surprises.
New Uncanny X-Force
- Mohawk Storm, Puck, Spiral, Psylocke, Lady Fantomex, all with new uniforms.
- The story will center on Psylocke.
X-Men Legacy – 11/12
- The series will deal with Xavier’s son (Legion).
- What does he do in a world without his father?
- Does he pick up the cause? Or does he go the other way?
- It gets weird.
- Wolverine in the savage land fighting dinosaurs with Sheena.
- Lots of guest stars.
- This book will have an overall impact on the Marvel Universe.
Deadpool – 11/12
- American History meets Zombies coming.
- A necromancer resurrects ex presidents as zomibies.
- Deadpool is the scumbag you need to go after them.
Big Changes in issue 245.
- The issue is tease worthy and there is a ‘wait what?’ moment.
- There will be a Pip issue.
- 250 is a big landmark issue – Peter David’s 100th issue.
- Hell on Earth War is coming, all of the hell lords are waiting for the 7 billionth human to be born, this will be a 6 issue arc.
- This will be a Warbird centered story.
- Warbird is an art teacher…?
Xtreme X-men –
- We will see the X-Men in a different dimension led by Dazzler.
- We will see Kid Curt, Governor General Jones Howlett and a guest appearance by Hercules.
- It’s an alternate reality X-Force.
- We will see the Brood!
Q and A –
- Domino will have her date with Deadpool
- Cable will get back at Wolverine for messing with his dad.
- Deadpool / Cable? Stay tuned!
- Bishop will be the villain in Uncanny X-Force new and he’s still a jerk.
- Hope will land in Cable and X-Force.
- Hope is NOT Jean Grey.
- X-23 will be in Avengers Arena where Arcade collects young heroes and pits them against one another.
- There are plans for Jubilee.