MUReview.net got a front row seat for the Marvel Now Re-Evolution Panel at NYCC 2012…let’s have a look at what went down. Panel – Rick Remender, Tom Breevort, Axel Alonso, Jason Aaron, Mark Pannicia, Kieron Gillen, moderated by Arune Singh.
Iron man – 11/12 written by Kieron Gillen
- Tony will be doing his own thing.
- Pepper will be involved as Pepper only, not Rescue.
- There will be new villains each issue.
- There will be new armor each issue.
- The first 5 issues are building to a plot event in issue 6.
Thor God of Thunder – 11/12 written by Jason Aaron
- The series will cover young Thor, present day Thor and King Thor.
- The arc will focus heavily on the character of Thor and his development.
- Thor will spend his time combatting Gore, the God Butcher.
Captain America – 11/12 written by Rick Remender
- This series will attempt to delve into who Captain America is in the first 10 issues.
- How did Rogers grow up?
- Who were his parents?
- How did he get to earn being Captain America?
- We will also got the normal sci-fi crazy.
- Hank Pym appears as Cap’s Q (Bond reference).
- Main villain is Arnim Zola and Remender is making him an A level threat.
- Cap will fall into a trap set by Zola and be sent off to Dimension Z where he becomes a castaway.
Indestructible Hulk – written by Mark Waid
- We will see a different take on the Hulk.
- This Hulk ends up being inadvertently very close to the behavior of the Hulk in the Avengers and Marvel Movie Universe.
- Banner realizes that he has to play a part in fixing the world after AvX and stop worrying so much about fixing himself.
- Banner works out a deal to be funded by SHIELD and ‘has something to hold over them’.
- As the Hulk, Banner advises SHIELD to not think of him as a bomb, but as a cannon, point him where they need him and watch him go.
- Hulk destroys, Banner rebuilds.
Fantastic Four – 11/12 written by Matt Fraction
- Reed realizes that the path he has been taking the FF down is the wrong one.
- It’s time for a year long family vacation.
- The focus will be on the family and the kids.
- The family will travel in a Fantastebego.
- The year long vacation ‘should’ only take 4 minutes in real world time so they ‘shouldn’t be missed’, we will get to that more in a little bit.
- Reed has a hidden agenda, we don’t know what it is. Reed has a hidden agenda though
FF – 11/12 written by Matt Fraction 11/12.
- To cover against any catastrophe while the Fantastic Four is on vacation, Reed puts together an alt FF including Ms. Thing, She Hulk, Ant Man and Medusa.
- The FF should only have to worry about 4 minutes in total time, but it doesn’t work out that way.
- All the FF (non Richards) kids are involved in this book.
Thunderbolts – 12/12 written by Daniel Way
- We get the Red Hulk, The Punisher, Venom, Elektra and Deadpool.
- 5 characters that WILL kill you.
- In the first issue it is covered how the teamless Punisher ends up on a team.
- This will be like X-Force without the mutants (mostly).
- A large focus will be on how they get along.