Marvel Select Captain Marvel
When Doctor Strange showed up, the Marvel Select wheels fell off a little bit and I started hunting a bunch more Cosmic based Marvel Select figures. I started to research the fabled Captain Marvel sub-line. I call it that, because, Captain Marvel has a lot of freaking variants…a lot of expensive freaking variants! They all cost a ton of money on the secondary market, because they were limited and released some time ago. I’m speaking specifically of the Genis-Vell and Kree uniform variant figures. Honestly, good luck finding those for less than $100 loose. But this little gem, I found at sub-retail loose, and I’d be nuts not to share it with you because it’s another awesome Diamond Select Toys release!
- The paint wash here gives Captain Marvel a mirror of his iconic 70’s / 80’s comic book page look.
- Bulky body gives weight to the character.
- Highly detailed stand that fits Captain Marvel perfectly.
- Plenty of joints to help support good movement, but see the bad for a little more detail here.
- Though Captain Marvel is outfitted with joints for days, many only allow limited motion which limits overall pose-ability. I give this a caveat though. It could be that I’m just a wus and I don’t want to force things and potentially break them. Either way, for my display purposes, he’s awesome. Ignore this, nevermind!
- Captain Marvel died of cancer. …f cancer.
I’ve been a fan of Captain Marvel for a very very long time. I’ve got quite a few plastic iterations of Mar-Vell. I think this is formally, my favorite.
MUReview received these products for free.