Marvel Legends Black Panther 2018 Wave: Sub-Mariner
Folks were pretty excited when Namor (Sub-Mariner) was released as a Walgreens exclusive in the Marvel Legends line. He was an outstanding figure that warranted the buzz. We had a blast reviewing him for you. One of the very few thumbs down remarks was this though, “Can I get a non-exclusive running change featuring Namor’s classic costume?” So…am I a sooth sayer? Am I a prognosticator of prognosticators? I may just be, because less than a year later, boom, here we are with underpants Sub-Mariner!
- The classic look of Sub-Mariner is just nailed spot on here. Living out of a page in the comic.
- Ankle “wings” look great.
- The shine and shimmer on his Speed-O is just so perfectly captured, it really has a fish scale glimmer to it.
- His trident fits better in his hand this time around vs. the 2017 Namor release.
- Alternate bearded head looks great on this Sub-Mariner, and last years Namor.
- His pointed ears are well executed.
- He’s highly pose-able and features all modern articulation short of butterfly chest joints.
- Just a few small green paint smudges on his chest.
Welcome to the collection Sub-Mariner, you are now my favorite Namor figure! Hasbro did it again and did it huge here. They addressed the most iconic version of Sub-Mariner accurately, respectfully, and to great effect. This needs to find it’s way into your collection. See you tomorrow for our look at Okoye! The build a figure from this Black Panther Marvel Legends wave!
MUReview received these figures for free for review purposes from Hasbro