Marvel Legends 2017 X-Men Wave 1: Wolverine Old Man Logan
Legends of the Spring hits it’s last single carded figure today with the legendary and wildly popular Old Man Logan. No coincidence 2017’s Logan was a runaway success. Old Man Logan is an interesting and compelling character, featuring the Wolverine at the end of his very long life span and putting him in some overwhelming predicaments. It’s interesting that Hasbro has chosen to name the figure on the package, Wolverine rather than Old Man Logan, as was done with the not so released Marvel Universe figure depicting the same character. This figure captures the grey beard perfectly, let’s have a look, shall we?
- The grey hair nails it.
- Wolverine’s outfit is fantastic and crazy accurate for the Old Man Logan comic series.
- The shoes, my goodness, the details on the shoes, they look beautiful, like real leather boots!
- Logan’s leather jacket looks gritty and real life leathery, but does not have the same texture as Shatterstar’s shoulder pads…which would have been even cooler.
- The claws are well executed here, they feel sturdy enough for display and light play.
- Detail is great on the belt buckle and on his button down shirt.
- Just once, I’d like to get a Wolverine figure with actual metal claws that I could use to stab so….no one….
If you like Wolverine, you have no shortage of figure options. However, this particular iteration of the character is highly unique and if you enjoyed the movie, just that much more compelling. Do you have to buy Old Man Logan? Yes. Why? I said so. Side note, Wolverine is the only figure in the wave without a BAF piece included.
Just like the rest in this wave, hard to find now, but be patient, keep your eyes out. If you can’t be patient, Amazon has him for a markup, and there is always eBay. There is good news! Walmart has sightings, AND! our friends at Big Bad Toy Store have listed the whole wave, case, and individual figures for pre-order!
- Like MUReview on Facebook Like us here.
- Like litlgeeks on Facebook Like us here.
- Follow @mureview on twitter – Follow us here
- Follow @litlgeeks on twitter – Follow us here
- Subscribe to litlgeeks on YouTube – Subscribe here
MUReview received these products for free for review purposes.