Marvel Legends 2017 Guardians of the Galaxy Wave 1: Star-Lord
After launching out of the gate with my favorite Guardians of the Galaxy 2017 Wave 1 figure, Vance Astro, I’m pretty hopped up on this wave. Let’s keep this momentum up with our next figure in the wave, Star-Lord! Star-Lord comes to us for the second time in movie deco. This time is definitely different enough from the first to warrant the appearance, and certainly, to support the 2017 coming movie, he’s a must-include in this Guardians wave.
- Star-Lord comes with two heads, one masked, the other, very scruffy looking nerf-herdery. Both, from trailer comparison at least, are very good likenesses to Chris Pratt in real life.
- Star-Lord V2 comes with a short waisted coat as opposed to the trench in his first figure release. This gives us a much more lean looking figure with a better range of motion overall (without the trench coat to restrict leg movement).
- Under the jacket is the quickly becoming legendary grey shirt, which fans believe to have recently decoded as saying “Gears Shift”.
- Star-Lord comes with 2 elemental guns, which are my favorite part of the figure. The guns look realistic, but more, they “holster” on his hips by hanging / sticking to little pegs. I freakin’ love holsters. LOVE EM’!
- Elemental guns fit very nicely in hand.
- Star-Lords jacket is removable,it’s on tight so I didn’t go through the process, but it’d look like red jacket arms, grey shirt. Not really what’s intended, but if you wanted to go for an all grey shirt custom, you can make it happen.
- Star-Lord features generally, very good articulation, double hinged knees and elbows, ab-crunch, very very tight joints!
- I mentioned I absolutely love being able to holster Star-Lord’s guns. They pop on, and as long as you don’t move him, they stay on, but be prepared to have them pop off frequently if you plan on holstering and moving, they brush up against the jacket at any motion and pop right off.
This second run at Star-Lord improves on the first, it’s a solid figure all around and an excellent representation of Chris Pratt. I have to think, when Pratt got his figure, he was pretty happy with it. I don’t think you can ask for a better honor for a figure than the appreciation of the person it’s of, right?
You can pre-order Star-Lord at Big Bad Toy Store, expected to ship March 1, but I’m thinking sooner. As stated in the first review of the wave, these figures are popping up at general retail, and not just in California. Granted I haven’t seen them in my home town of NY, anywhere other than California should give a spark of hope!