Marvel Legends 2017 Guardians of the Galaxy Wave 1: BAF Titus
I kinda love it when the Build a Figure is a big bad. There will ever be a shortage of evil in plastic, Titus, the Nova hunting tiger is not only evil in plastic, but did you ever in your life think that a character this deep in the catalog would be made real? Astonishing to me, really. I now own it and I still can’t believe it. I’m thrilled to have Titus, and I’m happy to report that Hasbro yet again did a fantastic job. I’m a little sad though, because this is the last review of this wave that I get to do. I love all things Marvel Cosmic, and this wave really ticked a lot of boxes for me. 6 all new characters to the Legends line, all Cosmic based…freakin’ amazing. I’m thankful to have been able to review these for you, and very happy to have the opportunity to have all of these figures as part of my Legends collection. I surmise that if you are here reading this, you will be happy to get hands on these too, let’s check out Titus.
- Titus gets the benefit of living on largely, the same mold / pieces used in one of my favorite all time BAFs, Venom Space Knight. The figure, because of this sports solid articulation for a character of this size. Articulation includes:
- Ankle Rockers
- Double jointed knees
- This is another one-to-one replication of a character from comic-page. I don’t want to oversell this, because Titus is a pretty simple character. Big, limited in color, tiger head, rocket arm. Hasbro didn’t have a mountain to climb here, but they did an excellent job.
- Claw hand looks excellent.
- Rocket arm looks and moves well.
- The level of detail in Titus’s head is excellent, clean paint, well delivered.
- You’d hope Titus had jaw articulation, and by the way it looks, you’d hope that even more, but alas, no jaw movement here.
Titus is just awesome. Another character perfectly captured, and another really deep catalog character brought to plastic. You should buy the wave to get this figure because the wave is amazing, this figure is amazing, and you like cool stuff right? It just makes sense. It should be noted, you don’t need all 7 figures in the wave to get Titus, only 6. Star-Lord does not include a BAF piece, so you only need Vance Astro, Yondu, Drax, Angela, Darkhawk, and Nova. That said, what’s next? For Marvel Legends, all eyes should now be forward to the X-Men wave. We are going to get a really pretty looking Jim Lee Cyclops, an awesome Colossus, Polaris, Old Man Logan, Dazzler, Sunfire, Shatterstar and the BAF Warlock. In-hand images of these figures are already popping up on line, so hopefully we don’t have a long wait. After that, we are getting another wave of Guardians with a 2000’s style Adam Warlock, a Death’s Head II and more. 2017 is shaping up to be a banner year for Marvel Legends, and Toy Fair is coming up in a day or two, so we will have even more great information to share with you. Stay tuned!
To get Titus, you are going to need to get yourself a full set of figures. Luckily, you can do that by pre-ordering today! . Big Bad Toy Store has it up for a reasonable price. You can also go a huntin’ Walgreens and Target are said to have these things you need to buy, and you need to buy them.
- Like MUReview on Facebook Like us here.
- Like litlgeeks on Facebook Like us here.
- Follow @mureview on twitter – Follow us here
- Follow @litlgeeks on twitter – Follow us here
- Subscribe to litlgeeks on YouTube – Subscribe here
MUReview received these products for free for review purposes.