The litlgeeks played the bananas out of Splatoon for Wii U. They loved nothing more than running around levels and making a paint splat mess…which, as a parent works out pretty well. On screen mess is way better than off screen mess! Now, the Nintendo Switch is out, and with it, a slew of amazing new Nintendo games, Zelda Breath of the Wild, 1 2 Switch, ARMS, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, and today, we are going to have a look at the highly anticipated to the sequel of one of the litlgeeks favorite Wii U games, Splatoon 2 for Nintendo Switch.
What to Expect
Splatoon 2 improves on the formula of Splatoon in pretty much every way, improved visuals, more music, a focus on gear and upgrades, great new levels. But there ish one major and heartbreaking exception, there is still no split screen multiplayer. In a house with two litlbrothers, being able to sit on the couch next to each other and play together without having to buy a whole second Switch is really a necessary thing for the litlgeeks! That said, there are a ton of great multiplayer options here and with the introduction of Salmon Run, Splatoon 2 is a must play!
- Two Joy-Cons in the controller grip
- Two Joy-Cons connected to the Switch
- Pro Controller
- Motion controls are included, you can tilt your Joy-Cons or Pro Controller to aim and look!
- Single Player – 32 missions, paint the town and save the world!
- Multi-player- Get online and splat it out!
- Turf War – Cover the most of the map to win!
- Tower Control – Ride a moving tower! Cover the board and knock out your enemies! You must get to level 10 to unlock this mode!
- Rain Maker – Use an amazing new weapon that provides a ton of coverage to win your battles! You must get to level 10 to unlock this mode!
- Splat Zones – Battle for control over specific zones. You must get to level 10 to unlock this mode!
- Salmon Run – Team up with friends to fight progressively harder waves of enemies! (This gets tricky when you have less than four on your team!). Play any time locally, but timed online play.
- Ranked Battles – Rank up!
- League Battles – Rank up to B- in ranked battles to get in on league action!
- Splatoon features a ton of new and balanced weapons to have a Splat with.
- Splatoon 2 works with all of the great Splatoon Amiibos out there, including a new Inkling Boy, Girl and Squid just for Splatoon 2! Each Amiibo unlocks gear, and you can save your Inkling to your Amiibo and take it anywhere!
What’s Really Important To Know About Splatoon 2
- It is gorgeous. Character animations, the texture of paint, this game is pure art and it’s beautiful.
- Gameplay is smooth and fun. The litlgeeks love to use the motion controls, but I have to turn them off because I’m jumpy in my old age and that translating to screen makes me a little woozy.
- Outfitting your Splat is fun and rewarding!
- The Amiibos are all beautifully designed and are a great addition to the core experience of Splatoon 2!
The litlgeeks have a blast every time they sit down to play Splatoon 2. They love using the beautiful and colorful Amiibos, and they love splatting paint everywhere! While their greatest Splatoon wish went unfulfilled this go round (no local split screen multiplayer), they still really love the game and spending hours playing it. Per the video, they give it 2, or 14,000 thumbs up. Whichever comes first. Splatoon 2 is an improvement on Splatoon in every way really, it looks beautiful, it plays smooth, getting into and out of online matches is easy enough for a 7 year old to do it. Salmon Run is a great time! If you have a Switch, you’ll want to pick up Splatoon 2! You can pick up Splatoon 2 here!
Splatoon 2 is rated E for Everyone
This post / video is for entertainment purposes only.