In case it wasn’t clear, there is a direct relationship between MUReview and litlgeeks, and sometimes, that’s why we share posts. MUReview is the literal parent site for the litlgeeks…so we get to do stuff like that. The litlgeeks are lucky kids, and we try to make sure they always understand that. Why lucky today? They got their litl paws on Nintendo’s hot new game console, the Nintendo Switch! Let’s see what they thought, and keep scrolling for some quick facts and a few nifty pictures.
What’s in the box?
- Nintendo Switch Console
- Nintendo Switch Dock
- 2 Joy Con Controllers (1 Left, 1 Right)
- 2 Joy Con wrist straps
- HDMI Cable
- Power cable (AC to USB-C)
What else did we get?
- Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild
- 1 2 Switch
- Super Bomberman
- 1 Joy Con controller set (includes two Joy Con controllers 1 left, 1 right, and 2 Joy Con straps)
What’s important to know?
- The system comes with Joy Con straps, as do the extra Joy Cons when you purchase. Nintendo sells the straps separately, but the only time you should need to buy them is if you need a replacement.
- The console charges by USB-C. That means owners of new Macbooks can use their power brick and USB-C cable to charge the Switch.
- The Switch Pro Controller also uses USB-C to charge.
- Games are micro cartridge based and they plug into a slot on the Switch tablet.
- The Switch is amazing for TV gaming AND mobile gaming!
- Changing the switch between TV and mobile as well as adding the Joy Cons to the side of the Switch is seamless and easy.
- Putting on the wrist straps to the Joy Cons is easy, taking them off is hard.
We will update this post with more info as we keep playing and find things out, but we wish you all luck in finding your own Nintendo Switch console, it’s so fun!