Comic Con 2017, we sat in a chair in a panel room, and we watched in awe, with jaws dropped, as the team at TT Games presented the finely polished nearly finished product that is LEGO Marvel Super Heroes 2. A sequel to 2013’s LEGO Marvel Super Heroes, that manages to improve on the tried and true LEGO video game formula in every way, plus, about a bagillion characters to play with!
What to Expect
Break blocks, build blocks, collect studs, solve puzzles, unlock and play as a massive amount of Marvel characters featuring an insanely deep catalog of costumed heroes to rival any Mega Marvel fan’s wildest dreams!
- This game is so polished, what you see on screen looks like real life LEGO bricks!
- Character design is phenomenal, featuring familiar and not so familiar heroes captured in marvelous LEGO vision.
- Combat is fun and intuitive.
- Puzzles are deep enough to be fun, but simple enough for litlergeeks to enjoy them.
- Flying is a blast!
- Discovering each characters special ability and how they unlock different areas and activities in the game is as enjoyable as ever.
- The game adds a multi-player battle feature with a ton of different battle modes! Head to Head! Team Fight! Color War! Each multi-player game is a blast, and it’s easy to access, you just have to beat the first two story missions and get to Chronopolis.
- Chronopolis! Open world LEGO play in a city of Kang’s creation. This is the game hub where you can get to all the fun stuff that LEGO Marvel Super Heroes 2 has to offer.
- With the Season pass ($14.99 additional), the game boasts a roster of over 200 Marvel heroes! The list is mind boggling, the character choices are insanely deep. Seeing some of these characters on screen alone is worth the price of admission. Fans who bought the deluxe edition got early access to the Classic Guardians of the Galaxy team pack, season pass purchasers should get access to that team around December 17, and more characters and level content will follow, check out everything in the season pass below!
- Level / Theme Packs
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
- Black Panther
- Avengers: Infinity War
- Ant-Man and the Wasp
- Cloak and Dagger
- Character Packs:
- Agents of Atlas
- Out of Time
- Classic Guardians of the Galaxy
- Level / Theme Packs
- Again, the season pass content is in addition to about 10 hours of story gameplay, a ton of free play and re-play time, and an already massive roster of fantastic Marvel Super Heroes!
- LEGO Marvel Super Heroes 2 Video Game is available for XBox One, Playstation 4, and the Nintendo Switch, today! Pick it up here! Around holiday time, the full price of $59.99 has become scarce, and you can pick up the regular non-deluxe version of the game for as little as $39.99! We absolutely recommend that you do!
The litlgeeks are going to be playing LEGO Marvel Super Heroes 2 for a while. They have to…because when they play, they unlock all the characters, and Daddygeek really wants to use Nova Prime, Cosmo, and Darkhawk in the game…and they are way better at video games than daddygeek is these days! The litlgeeks are having a blast with this game. It brings in characters from the whole catalog of Marvel, but also gives a focus to modern and kid friendly characters that everyone is seeing on screen these days, like the Guardians of the Galaxy, Captain America, Spider-Man, Thor, and Iron Man. Because of the massive roster, with the fun gameplay, the great puzzles, and the endless re-playability of LEGO Marvel Super Heroes 2, the litlgeeks give this game two litlthumbs up! This game is a blast and would be fun for any Marvel fan, any LEGO fan, and any lover of fun video games!
MUReview and litlgeeks received LEGO Marvel Super Heroes 2 for free for review. This game is rated E for Everyone This post / video is for entertainment purposes only. Load times in video were shortened / edited.