Marvel Legends 2017 X-Men Wave 1: Colossus
Day three of Legends of the Spring features the big boy of the wave, this classic X-Man comes to us in his modern deco (first appearance Uncanny X-Men 500 September 2008) (look at me with this comic knowledge, I don’t even recognize myself right now). Hasbro pulls off a ton of great tricks with this figure and they all add up to a fantastic, must have version of Colossus. Lemme’ splain’ why.
- The size and scale of this figure is absolutely perfect. Check out the gallery, we took care to try to capture Colossus against some size worth figures.
- Colossus has two heads included in the package, one classic, one bearded (a-la Extraordinary X-Men’s recent run) (two direct comic references in one review, you’d think I read comics!)
- Perfect treatment on the classic head.
- The bearded head steals the show. Modern steel hair cut, modern steel beard, really makes the character look mature.
- Incredibly sharp line detail highlights a very clean paint job that shows off this modern costume for colossus.
- Where the figure really shines is the paint wash on his metallic skin, the heads look great, but really the arms are something else to look at.
- It’s always impressive when a larger than average-sized figure comes packed with this much articulation, rocking / tilting ankles, double joints on knees and elbows, thigh cut, waist twist, ab-crunch, hinged / ball head, full motion at the shoulders, wrists move.
- All things considered, extra head with beard, I want for nothing here.
This figure feels perfect. He’s the right size, he’s solid, the paint wash is just outstanding on his metal parts, and his costume is otherwise pretty much flawless. There is a reason you are going to have a hard time finding him.
Hard to find now, but be patient, keep your eyes out. If you can’t be patient, Amazon has him for a markup, and there is always eBay. There is good news too though! Walmart has sightings, AND! our friends at Big Bad Toy Store have listed the whole wave, case, and individual figures for pre-order!