Beetle | Captain Universe Spider-Man | Homecoming Spider-Man | Homemade Suit | Moon Knight | Tombstone | Vulture | Vulture Wings | Invisible Woman | Group Shots | Toys R Us Exclusive Guardians Box Set | Walmart Exclusive Black Panther | Toys R Us Exclusive Cyclops and Dark Phoenix
Legends Spider-Man Wave 2 2017 – Homecoming Spider-Man
Rounding out the movie figures for this really, truly fantastic wave of Marvel Legends, we are going to take a look at Homecoming Spider-Man. Call it the “standard” suit Spidey from the movie. The movie, that once again, none of us have seen yet, but is hitting theaters 7/7/17. So go get your tickets now! MUReview didn’t get hands on the three-pack MCU Spidey from Civil War, so unfortunately we don’t have a direct comparison, but we will happily do our best to provide you detail on this really bananas awesome figure.
- The story with this figure is 1000% the textures that Hasbro is able to achieve. Every surface of the figure has something going on, it’s not a smooth landscape at all. This may be the most texture rich Legends figure that I have come across.
- Costume webbing isn’t painted on it’s embedded in the suit and the look achieved is stunning.
- Included accessories are appreciated. He comes with a wide-eyed head attached, and a squinted-eyed head for swapping, as well as a secondary set of hands that allow for two fisting or two web hand poses.
- Articulation is all the things. He’s flexible at every conceivable joint and then some.
- Once again Hasbro has captured the movie look, at least from what we can tell from the trailer and screen grabs.
- I like having the squinted eye head, but I definitely would have rather had a Tom Holland head!
- The web wings are hard to make stay on, at least on my figure. For the long term he’ll be displayed without them because I don’t want to lose them, but just for this review, posing with them connected was a pretty big challenge. They do look good though!
- There is a little bit of sloppy work on the paint application, some blacks bleed out of the web lines, a few stray splotches, QC, not design and your mileage may vary.
Is this the best movie Spider-Man figure we’ve ever gotten? Yep, I think so at least. He looks great, he moves great, and the movie costume is by far my favorite above any other that I’ve seen on screen. All parties nailed it here and we get the benefit. One awesome figure that is going to make itself pretty freaking hard to find….
Patience, patience, patience. Keep an eye out in the wild, this wave is starting to show up! Amazon has him for a hefty mark up. eBay is bananas, Our friends at Big Bad Toy Store have listed the whole wave as and a case purchase is still available. Unfortunately, the single figure is sold out. But you want that BAF anyway, so go for it!