Retailers and publishers come together to discuss the comics industry and upcoming publishing plans
(BALTIMORE, MD) — (September 23, 2015) —Over 450 comic shop retailers, dozens of publisher and supplier representatives, and numerous Diamond employees are coming together in Charm City for the 2015 Diamond Retailer Summit. The comic book specialty industry’s premier trade event takes place Wednesday, September 23 through Friday, the 25th at the Baltimore Convention Center. The Comic Book Specialty Market’s leading retailers, publishers, and suppliers, will meet for three days of workshops, presentations, and a lively Exhibit Hall all leading up to Baltimore Comic Con being held this weekend.
“We look forward to a successful Summit where retailers, publishers and suppliers can meet to discuss the industry and learn how to do business better,” said Roger Fletcher, Diamond’s Vice President of Sales and Marketing. “It’s our hope that everyone can build lasting relationships to help their businesses succeed and leave feeling excited and passionate about the comic book specialty industry.”
An integral part of what makes the Summit invaluable is the experience attendees get in the Better Retailing Workshops and Supplier Super Sessions that feature roundtable discussions between retailers and publishers. Each allows retailers to learn more about each publisher’s upcoming plans, ways to market products and a chance to give direct feedback.
Additional Retailer Summit Events Include:
- An Open House Tour of Diamond Comic Distributors’ home office in Hunt Valley, MD
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner presentations from over twenty publishers and Diamond
- A premier publisher panel discussion on the state of the comic book business
- Panel discussions and workshops regarding retailer services, social media, working with educators, followed by Q&A sessions
- Fall Best Practices Award Voting with Winners announced on Thursday September 24th
- A silent auction with proceeds going to the Comic Book Legal Defense Fund, The Hero Initiative and The Center for Cartoon Studies
- Opening Reception at Dempsey’s Brew and Pub sponsored by BOOM! Studios and Closing Party at Geppi’s Entertainment Museum sponsored by Dynamite Entertainment
Diamond would like to thank all of Summit Sponsors for their generous contribution to the event:
Gold Sponsors: Action Lab, BOOM! Studios, Dark Horse Comics, DC Entertainment, Dynamite Entertainment, IDW Publishing, Image Comics and Marvel Comics.
Silver Sponsors: Titan Comics and Valiant Entertainment
Bronze Sponsors: Alliance Game Distributors, AfterShock Comic, Archie Comic, CGC, ComicsPRO, Double Take, First Comics/Devil’s Due, Diamond Select Toys, Hermes Press, Lion Forge Comics, Paizo Publishing, Penguin/Random House, Elephant Gun, Viz Media, Zenescope and Z2 Comics.
Exhibit Sponsors: First Second, Comic Book Legal Defense Fund, ComicWOW!, E. Gerber, Gemstone Publishing, Geppi’s Entertainment Museum, Hakes Americana & Collectibles and MAX Protection.
Auction Sponsors: Archie Comics, Aspen Comics, Comic Book Legal Defense Fund, FPG Universe, Funko, Hermes Press, Humanoids, The Force Media LLC, Three-Zero, Valiant Entertainment and Zip Comic.
Door Prize Sponsors: Aspen Comics, Chronicle Books, Creative Mind Energy, Elephant Gun, First Second Books, Hermes Press, Humanoids, Penguin Random House, Ten Speed Press, Valiant, Warpo and Zip Comics.
Summit attendees are encouraged follow, tag and submit summit news using #DiamondSummit. For more information about the 2015 Retailer Summit, view the Summit tab at www.diamondcomics.com.