DC Comics Icons Wave 5 Swamp Thing
It probably makes me a bad comic fan, but Swamp Thing is one of those rare characters from any comic universe where I am only familiar with the character because of the TV show. I really hadn’t even known there were two Swamp Thing movies out in the wild by the time I was enjoying the show, and I did really enjoy the show. I was young though. When the first movie came out I was 3, the second, I was 10. So that’s my excuse. Either way, it’s 2017. Swamp Thing still has a comic running all the way up through DC’s Rebirth. Today, he gets a very faithful figure by way of DC Icons. Let’s have a look.
- Un-Man is the creepiest accessory for any action figure or toy I have ever owned. The coloring is eerily flesh, the sculpt is Un(haaa)real.
- He’s the tallest Icon (except for Darkseid) which is well in scale with the line.
- Good articulation for this hulking figure, double jointed all the things, ankle rockets, ab crunch. He’s not an acrobatic character, this is more than sufficient.
- Swamp Things face is really faithfully captured here.
- If I had any complaints with this figure, while the height is right, I think I’d like to see him a little bulkier.
- I’d also like to see some swamp accessories, maybe a swampy cloak you could drape over him or something like that.
Swamp Thing is a solid entry in the DC Icons line. He’s a figure of a character I enjoyed from my childhood and I’m really excited to have him on my shelf. I’m happy he stands taller than my other Icons, a little disappointed he’s not bulkier, but overall, this is a really nice figure and you should go for it!
Swamp Thing is a figure you can go to a store and buy today, and you should! That said, hit up Big Bad Toy Store for a very affordable order!