I hope nobody missed our Toy Fair coverage of the DC Collectibles booth. In the off chance you did, you can just click that link and go check it out. It’s full of great information and tons of pictures of all that DC Collectibles has coming in 2016. However, I’m admittedly an amateur photographer, so when companies send me proshot stuff, it’s in everyone’s best interest that I share it with you. Check out these awesome shots of what’s coming from DC Collectibles in 2016!
DC Comics Icons
DC Designer Series Action Figures – Darwyn Cooke
DC Designer Series Action Figures – Greg Capullo
DC Designer Series Harley Quinn Action Figures – Amanda Conner
DC Designer Series Statues
Action Figure Packs (Arkham Knight and Designer Series)
DC Comics BlueLine Superman
DC Films Batman Vs Superman Statues
DC Films Action Figures
DC Films Suicide Squad Statues
DC TV Statues
DC TV Action Figures
DC TV Props
DC Super Pets Plush Toys
Batman The Animated Series Action Figures
Batman The Animated Series Batwing
Batman The Animated Series Deluxe Batmobile
Batman Black and White Statues
DC Comics Bombshells Statues
I can’t believe I made it…my last official Toy Fair Show Floor Report post. Since last Saturday, MUReview.net and litlgeeks.com have published over 60 posts, it may not seem like much, but to us, I think it’s more than we’ve ever done related to any single convention. When you put up 60 posts, and you save your favorite for last, it wears on you, because you just want to get that last one so you can talk about the favorite new things that you saw, but now, I’m finally here. DC Collectibles invited us down to their booth at Toy Fair on Monday to come see all of the amazing products that were given the pro-shot treatment just before the show. It was at the booth that we were introduced to Jim Fletcher who gave us a fantastic walk through of all that DC Collectibles will bring out in 2016. It’s always exciting and interesting to talk to someone who is passionate about what they get to work with and Mr. Fletcher showed that in spades, so I would like to thank Jim for the walk through and Sara for setting us up with DC Collectibles for our first time at Toy Fair, it was absolutely memorable, and now… I get to share it with you.
DC Comics Icons
The DC Comics Icons series has been turning heads in the action figure collector community since late 2015. Just a few quick points on the line for education purposes. It features DC heroes. It will take from any hero at any time in their history for a figure. The line is 5 inches in scale and figures will range in size from 5 inches up to however tall they need to be to site right in the scale. Their first wave, featuring Batman, Green Arrow, Deadman and Mister Miracle is now in full swing at retail and folks are loving it, including this long time Marvel fanboy. The second wave is starting to establish a retail foothold as well featuring The Flash, Green Lantern, Lex Luthor and Blue Beetle. Shown off at the DC Collectibles booth at Toy Fair were the next few waves and some incredible surprises, that while we heard about, to see were astonishing. Also, somewhat astonishing was to hear about some changes to manufacturing due to quality issues. The upcoming 3rd wave release date is nigh, but expect at least a minor delay in the wave featuring Atomica, Superman, Harley Quinn and Aquaman. Manufacturer’s were changed after quality issues were discovered. While that sucks for the impatient, it’s amazing for the collector and inspiring to see a company make that move at 0 hour. This is the sort of thing that makes me thrilled to be a DC Collectibles collector! Expect to see DC Comics Icons reviews begin to show up on MUReview.net starting with the next wave.
- A Justice League 7 pack is coming down the pike later this year for right around $120 featuring New 52 figure decos. Included are Superman, Batman, Flash, Green Lantern, Aquaman, Wonder Woman and Cyborg.
- Batgirl is on the way with her Batgirl Cycle, expect her to go for around $60.
- Exciting new waves were announced including Deathstroke, Cyborg, Swamp Thing, Wonder Woman, also shown was the previously known and highly anticipated (by me) Firestorm!
- Accessory packs are a comin’ featuring one minifigure each, one “artifact” each (Doctor Fate helmet, Garrick Helmet).
- All figures are going to continue to come with a mind bending amount of accessories.
- Sticking with the best for last theme…when I heard and saw the pictures of Darkseid, and then saw the price point of $100, I maybe freaked a little. Obviously I want it…but that’s expensive and he’s an action fi….oh nay nay nay. He’s a monster! Some of the pictures out don’t do the size or heft justice, but monster is the only way to put it, and having seen it, he’s a bargain at twice the price. He also comes with Grail who has her own set of accessories to sweeten the pot.
The 6.75″ Designer series of DC Collectibles will continue it’s strong run into 2016 featuring new designs by favorite artists Greg Cappulo and Amanda Conner. The Designer Series also throws in some multi-packs and mini lines this year.
- The Commissioner Gordon Batman with Robo Batman 2-pack is beautiful. You get Gordon Bats out of the Robo suit, and then the full suit. The top pieces of the suit are removable to show Gordon Bats mounted in the suit.
- We will get refreshes on the Flash, Superman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Green Lnatern and the Joker.
- The Rainbow Bat Pack is out now. It offers incredible bang for the buck and is perfect as a centerpiece for any comic action figure display.
- The Harley Quinn Designer series by Amanda Conner features 4 Harley Quinn figures depicting different outfits and points in her whacky history. Each figure comes with an interactive accessory (squeeking hammer!, bullet riddled squirrel!), and other alternate accessories (like an anime smiley head for Harley).
- This years Blue Line action figure will be Superman, and he WON’T be a convention exclusive, which is outstanding news for collectors everywhere!
Designer Bat Statue
One of the most monstrous takes on the Dark Knight to date, I’m going to let the pictures do the talking for this guy. Designed by Andy Kubert, he’ll set you back about a buck fifty.
DC Collectibles is giving Suicide Squad some stunning treatment. Jaw dropping really. We will get Suicide Squad characters in two formats. 6 inch figures that will feature stands and accessories and premium format statues, which feature eye popping detail, sculpts where the piece looks like actual fabric but isn’t, and a shocking amount of realism.
- I was only able to snag pictures of Harley and El Diablo, but most notably impressive with each is how much they are able to show similar detail to the ultra defined 12 inch statues.
- One of the most impressive displays at Toy Fair was the set of Suicide Squad statues from DC Collectibles. Joker, Deadshot, Boomerang, Killer Croc, Harley Quinn and Katana were shown.
- Each statue will include a double-sided base, one side featuring the Suicide Squad logo, the other featuring the character.
- Statues will set you back $150 each.
- My favorite picture, and point of detail is the fact that the rips in Harley’s shirt look like actual fabric, not hard material…it’s amazing.
Batman Vs Superman
BVS is another property that will get love in both action figure and statue scale in 2016 and with good reason. The tent pole film for DC brings together some of the greatest heroes ever written and they are all beautiful in the small scale.
- DC Collectibles gives their treatment to Armored Batman, Wonder Woman, Lex Luthor, and Superman.
- Also pictured are Man of Steel figures Jor-El and Zod.
- Batman, Armored Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman are all presented in pristine detail. At 12 inches each and $150 a piece, these are a must have for the serious film based collector!
Batman The Animated Series
Half, literally half of the DC Collectibles booth featured Batman The Animated Series figures and pieces. The display was endless. Fans of the series are going to have a great time, but a hard time keeping up with all the awesome they can buy in 2016.
- The pinnacle of the display was, without question, the Bat Wing. It was almost 20 inches around, and I was told it weighs probably, 2, maybe 3 pizzas… I think I really just want to watch someone put this on a scale next to a scale full of pizzas. It features a cockpit big enough for 2 and …you have to buy it.
- The Batmobile will get a refresh on it’s release this year and come with Batman and Robin to boot.
- The Joker and Harley Mad Love set will be the only way to get Harley in the nightgown deco, ever…so don’t miss it!
- The amount of figures is too massive to list, check out the images and start saving your money, it’s going to be an expensive 2016 if you love Batman TAS.
After going back and thinking about how much Batman TAS stuff there was, it’s a little weird to think about the DC TV entries in the DC Collectibles booth….from something like 50 figures down to 3…but the three figures here are fantastic. We will get a refresh on The Arrow, and The Flash in figure format, and a beautiful Melissa Benoist as Supergirl statue!
The Bombshells statue series will make both DC and vintage collectors very happy this year. Featuring old timey depictions of classic heroes like Power Girl, Superman, Bumblebee and Raven, the line will run at about $125 per statue. Also featured here, a Harley Quinn statue lineup, because we can never have enough Harley Quinn in all of her forms.
The Batman Arkham Asylum video game was a run away hit in 2015. Since it’s release it has spawned a marketing campaign that easily rivals or dwarfs most movies. DC Collectibles has been doing their part by putting out impressive, high quality figures to represent everyone in the game. The line is getting to a point where there isn’t much left to make. Thankfully, isn’t much still means there is stuff to make, and all of it is awesome.
- For $75 we will get a 3 pack featuring a Batman and 2 thugs for him to beat on.
- Oracle and Batgirl will come to us in a 2-pack.
- A picture perfect Harley Quinn is also coming in 2016.
I’m almost at the end of Toy Fair 2016 coverage at MUReview.net. Almost at the end, and I’m saving my two favorite stops for last. This one, and one more. Mezco has brought Marvel and more DC to their One:12 Collective line…and it sucks that I have to write an article about it because there are legitimately very few words for how gorgeous these figures are. That’s not to say that I’m not going to give you something to read here, or good pictures to look at. The good folks at Mezco, Pierre, Drake, they took me into the booth, made me feel like family that they see once or twice a year, loaded me up with catalogs for the kids to look at…though in hindsight, they have some pretty scary stuff at Mezco and that might make me a bad parent, but I digress. Mezco has some brilliant stuff coming to market in 2016, Mez-its of all different flavors, Hellraiser statues, figures, fuzzy dice, the Chucky line continues, we are finally gonna get a crack at Bugs Bunny, and Gigantor has never looked so good or quite so gigantic. Thank you to the wonderful folks at Mezco, it’s always great to see you and I don’t think I’ve ever been quite so excited to share with the MUReview audience, the goodies they will have thanks to Mezco in 2016!
One:12 Collective Marvel
There was a ton of buzz coming out from the pre-Toy Fair event that Mezco held in NYC. An event I always want to go to, but can’t afford to double up on work time off to attend. I believe we did share some images though, thanks to Your Friendly Neighborhood J-Man at the-newsbox.com. That was great, but to be able to see them in person for myself, even though they were behind glass, what an incredible treat. To have the details called out by Pierre who is clearly passionate about this line and these figures, amazing! As a note, each figure is targeting for a $70-80 price point, so when you look at the pictures in the gallery think “I can actually afford this? I can actually afford this!”. So, what’s coming.
- Two flavors of Captain America. We are talking detail for days here. Fully clothed, tons of accessories, a MAGNETIC shield! It’ll stick on his wrist or on his back!
- More than two flavors of the Punisher, but only two on display. Frank Castle will come in different tons of grungy, grimmey and punishey, with different head looks, hands, and I was advised, that not only will there be tons of weapons, but they will also have a place on the figure, because “what’s the point of an awesome gun you have to put on a shelf next to a figure”, I think was the quote.
- Daredevil, we get him in red, we get him in red and yellow, we get him in black. His billy clubs are ripe for smacking punks and he’ll be packed with a stand for endless pose options.
One:12 Collective DC
The One:12 Collective will expand it’s DC lineup and fans will be mighty pleased. The character lineup has the makings of a Justice League. These figures as well will look to hit the $70-80 price point and come highly detailed, well clothed and with tons of accessories! A note to the price point, where figures warrant a higher price, we will likely see higher prices.
- Shazam is going to come with an additional head, hands, awesome lightening effects.
- Superman will make his first appearance in One:12.
- Also joining the ranks of One:12, Flash, Reverse Flash and Arrow (New 52 Deco).
- Dawn of Justice figures are also included in this swath of DC goodness. Superman, Batman and Armored Batman!
- Armored Batman will have electronic light up effects! Expect him to go for a little bit more money.
- Speaking of Batman and more money…a One:12 Collective Dawn of Justice Bat Mobile! Lights, sounds, fits figures, wheels spin, it is in fact, JAW DROPPING!
One:12 Collective Hanna Barbera
Front and center in the Mezco booth was a One:12 scale figure of Space Ghost with Blip the Monkey. Allow me to repeat. Front and center in the Mezco booth was a One:12 scale figure of Space Ghost with Blip the Monkey. Not only is this must have, but it ushers in the following awesome news. Mezco can make just about any Hanna Barbera character they want!
One:12 Collective Star Trek
Fans of Star Trek should already own the One:12 Collective Spock figure. I do now…thank you Mezco! It’s unreal the level of detail and care that goes into these figures, down to the phaser! Joining Spock in 2016 will be Kirk and Sulu. We will get them with belt pouches, phasers, communicators, Kirk will even have a phaser rifle! Pre-orders are open here.
Gigantor is 2 feet tall and HEAVY. Sure to cause a shipping cost nightmare, but worth every penny, you want Gigantor in blue, bam, got him, grey? No problem. He’s articulated, he’s huge, he’s got ratcheting joints. This is a figure that screams to not only fans, but folks who want something to put in there house that is going to make someone ask “can I lift it?” (the answer is always no).
Beetlejuice will be getting some stylized Mez-its, 8 inch plush…you want more Beetlejuice…wait for the sequel.
The Tim Burton brand of Batman is going to get some Mez-itz love with a Batman 3-pack (Bats, Penguin and Cat Woman) and a Bat Mobile. Suicide Squad (5-pack) and Batman Vs. Superman (3-pack) will also make it to the Mez-its format.
Speaking of Mez-its, be on the lookout for a Mortal Kombat 3-pack this summer featuring Scorpion, Sub-Zero and Raiden.
Mezco has been putting out great Thundercats product for a while now. This year, the only add to the line is a Snarf plush. Snarf is awesome. The plush is awesome. I guess this is good that I can say this though…the only disappointing thing I heard in the Mezco booth during Toy Fair, was that Snarf doesn’t talk.
Mezco has a lot of great stuff going on in the world of horror properties, Hellraiser, Chucky, Annabelle and their long LONG standing line of Living Dead Dolls. We see fresh products against each property, my favorite of which, I think is the Hellraiser Lemarchand’s box fuzzy dice and plush.
Just before Toy Fair 2016, Patch, maker of really awesome games, became PlayMonster. My head spins at the logistics behind changing a company name and having business cards ready during Toy Fair crunch, but they pulled it off and I love the new name! Patch is a company we hadn’t heard of before Toy Fair 2015. It wasn’t until they pulled us into their booth and had us sign up because we got caught in a promo video being shot, that we discovered Stinky Pig. It was all on the rails from there. The litlgeeks reviewed and loved Stinky Pig when Patch sent it to us, and Patch had since come out with some awesome games, namely one of the holiday hits of 2015, Chrono Bomb. Now, as PlayMonster, the company is poised to deliver an INCREDIBLE and massive portfolio of games to fans waiting for something fun to play! A very big thank you to Sally, the Publicity Monster for PlayMonster…best job title ever! Now, if you want to hear a little bit about everything we saw, read on, but if you just want to look at the pictures, scroll way down to the gallery!
Think, Name that tune meets truth or dare, but with good wholesome family fun. The game will challenge people to tasks and get them up off the couch to do them. It’s up to the people to call out who can do the task the most, or the best, and the one that accomplishes wins the point.
Two great new Stratego games were shown off, Stratego conquest, that mixes a little fantasy and role play into the game, and Stratego Waterloo, which takes the famous battle and brings it into the world of Stratego!
9 cubes are rolled, each side has a subject. A digital game piece calls out a letter. Players then look to answer the questions on the cubes with the appropriate lettered answer. Doing so gets you a cube for the round and a point. The game is very natural playing and instantly competitive!
The Celebrity Name Game
PlayMonster is bringing home the family favorite game and it’s gonna be fun!
Roll color and number dice and GRAB! Sure to turn the family into twitchy, grabby PlayMonsters!
Several dice are placed onto a dice popping mechanism, they pop off and show color and number. When it’s your turn, your dice will net you the numbered / color rings laid out on the table. Collect rings to win!
PlayMonster for the little little folks
PlayMonster showed off a bunch of wonderful baby and toddler friendly product including Glow to Sleep an infant soother that is bluetooth connectable and will record and playback your voice. The myPad touch which has dozens of sounds available for young learners will keep toddlers pressing for hours! And my favorite from the bunch OK To Wake. This adorable little plush will show different color eyes to your child when it’s time for them to wake up, or time for them to stay asleep.
My Fairy Garden
Beautifully detailed play sets allow for young gardeners to plant and grow while playing, all with the whimsical fairy toys surrounding the play experience.
Perplexus gets enhancements to the Q-Bot and Drakko playsets in 2016. Train and tease your brain to unlock the magic of these tricky puzzles.
Lauri Action Stackers
For early builders, these building sets allow for some incredible experiences.
New to the PlayMonster portfolio, Roominate is going to undergo a bit of a change from what is pictured with newly designed play pieces and characters, but the concept will remain the same. Build rooms, make them interactive. This proven brand will bring a whole new play experience to PlayMonster! There is even an App-Based component to play with!
This incredible motion piece is being delivered in beautifully detailed, baltic birch wood play sets that can connect to each other. You can also purchase a mechanical crank turn so that the motion will never stop and you don’t actually have to do anything. Smaller sets (4 at 29.99 each) will take about an hour to construct, while the larger sets will retail for $49.99 and take 2-4 hours to assemble. Each set comes with a comic detailing the science behind the motion of the set.
Everything we saw at PlayMonster from Toy Fair 2016 we absolutely loved and we can’t wait to give it all a spin with friends and family this year!
It’s a little crazy that this is the first time MUReview has been around to the McFarlane booth at Toy Fair “officially”. We’ve gone through in years past, brought you some photos, loved all the toys, but we never got the walk through treatment. This year, I’m thrilled that we did because there is so much great stuff to show you and talk about. The fine folks at McFarlane were so nice to us, gave us so much great info, and even some toys to build and share! Thanks so much to McFarlane and Courtney for taking the time to walk us through, 2016 is going to be a fantastic year for McFarlane. A little celebrity fun to note. Todd McFarlane…he’s kind of a big deal, has the same last name as the name of the to…ohhhhhh McFarlane! He was walking around the booth and taking to some folks on video…but he was totally right next to me! That’s excitement!
Five Nights at Freddy’s
McFarlane is bring out a ton of construction sets featuring the red hot Five Nights at Freddy’s brand. Sets will include a 300 piece show stage kit including Freddy and two friends as a $29.99 Walmart exclusive. The Pirate Cove / Office set will be a 100 piece Walmart exclusive at $12.99. You can pick up a backstage set for $19.99, but only at Walgreens. All sets, as well as blind bags are coming in the Fall of 2016.
McFarlane introduced us to a brand new collector packaging scheme, first with their Naruto setup. Boxes will be colored, logo’d and numbered, all in the same way, across licenses. This should serve to make finding your favorites in store a little easier. The color of the top of the box will indicate the wave, icons will indicate the category, and of course numbers are in wave. This scheme will apply across all 7inch figures with few exceptions. Naruto’s own 7 inch will feature 12-15 points of articulation and retail for $17.
McFarlane showed off some stunning figures of Michael Fassbenders character in the upcoming film, however, no photos were allowed. We were also treated to a peek at some of the role play items to support the film. Trust when I tell you, you are going to want them, badly. That said, pictured below are AC products that are either at or near shelves, but are nowhere near as top secret as the movie products, so ogle on.
Another no photos property displayed behind the curtain at McFarlane, Titanfall 2. Shown was a full size mech with pilot that fits, as well as a figure of one of the main characters from the upcoming game (Jack).
Gears of War 4
Fun little game, you may have heard of it, coming in 2016, supported by the incredibly detailed artists at McFarlane and their beautiful toy line. The first figure is JD and he’ll be in the new McFarlane 7 inch packaging on shelves this year.
The Walking Dead
The full thunder of McFarlane is blasting through the sky of The Walking Dead. Their lines are getting to a point where there is no stone unturned in either the comic or TV universe and fans should be rejoicing. On display we saw a comic set of 5 figures (no photos), each character comes with a zombie head on a stick and an alternate zombie head for Shane. These figures will hit 22 points of articulation and retail for $15.99. That’s what we can’t show you. What we can show you, my goodness. The Daryl on motorcycle statue is shocking. You’ll see it pictured unpainted, brilliant. Add to that a line of Big Head minis, construction kits, 10 inch figures, main line figures, Negan statues, fans of The Walking Dead shall not want!
The new Spawn figure shown is right off of the cover of issue 7. The series will fall in line with the new collector box scheme…and also it’s amazing.
Attack on Titan / Tokyo Ghoul
Coming to shelves in 2016, in the new collector box style, figures from Attack on Titan and Toyko Ghoul!
Game of Thrones
Though there was nothing new to see for Game of Thrones, the construction kits are jaw dropping, so I took some pictures.
Halo is still gunning on all cylinders and new Spartans are coming out all the time from McFarlane!
My first adult figure love. McFarlane sports centric figures, for me, it was NFL. I had all of them, literally. They are still making them, and honestly, they have never been more beautiful. I’m gonna have to get hands on that Odell Beckham figure, pretty much like today.
Jakks Pacific makes titanic toys in the most awesome fashion. Their licenses are strongly supported with just…epic sized plastic. Huge Vaders, Kylo’s, monsterous Ninja Turtles. This year at Toy Fair, Jakks Pacific welcomed MUReview and litlgeeks into their booth to show us just how big things will get for them in 2016…hint…massive!
Jakks is going to take their gigantic line and expand it in 2016. We will see a Mighty Morphin Power Rangers Mega Zord, A Halo Masterchief and…hopefully (but not shown), the third gigantic Ninja Turtle (Leo and Mikey are already out).
2016 will find Jakks bringing toys to market to support the forthcoming World of Warcraft movie, and the toys are beautiful (see gallery).
Star Wars and DC lines are filled in, more Bats, Flash, and no booth at Toy Fair was complete without their take on the Force Awakens favorite, BB-8. Jakks Pacific puts out a giant size BB-8 that kids are going to love in 2016!
Thanks again to Jakks Pacific for having us through the Booth, we love the Mario stuff that’s already on shelves, and we can’t wait to get hands on that monsterous Mega Zord!