Long time friend of MUReview…and well, of mine, Joe Moscone is taking his toy collection to the streets for charity and he wants you to come with him! In a series of auctions on eBay, Joe and Friends will be auctioning off a ton of great SDCC exclusive history and more to raise money for Receptions For Research: The Greg Olsen Foundation. The Greg Olsen Foundation is an incredible organization devoted to providing hospitals, doctors and scholars across the nation the resources necessary to treat and enrich the lives of those affected by various forms of cancer and cardiovascular diseases.
The cause is worthy, the toys are incredible, go, bid, win! Click Here! To check out the auctions.
You can donate directly if you don’t want to buy any toys at the two links below too!
100% of the money raised from these auctions is donated to Receptions For Research: The Greg Olsen Foundation
Wouldn’t it be great if we could destroy cancer and cardiovascular disease already?
Items being auctioned:
- Sealed Case – Mezco Toyz RARE 7” Hellboy II Action Figures
- SDCC 2012 Hasbro Exclusive RARE Hollywood Jem and The Holograms Doll
- TRU Exclusive 2006 Transformers Robots In Disguise Soundwave w/ Laserbeak and Ravage
- Mr. Potato Head – Marvel Iron Man 2 “Tony Starch”
- G.I. Joe 25th Ann. Cobra H.I.S.S. Tank w/ Driver
- Hasbro Indiana Jones 3.75” Raiders Of The Lost Ark Indiana Jones action figure
- Star Wars Celebration V 2010 Hasbro Exclusive 3.75” 4-LOM & Zuckuss figure set
- Starting Lineup 1990 Series – NFL Christian Okoye Kansas City Chiefs figure
- Starting Lineup 1990 Series – MLB Bo Jackson figure Kansas City Royals figure
- SDCC 2014 Hasbro Exclusive Mighty Muggs ROM figure
- Transformers BotCon 2005 Exclusive Decepticon Skywarp figure
- Transformers Mighty Muggs G1 Prowl
- Hasbro Star Wars 30th Ann. Commemorative Coin
- Target Exclusive Star Wars 3.75” Utapau Shadow Trooper action figure
- My Little Pony 3-Pack Mini Figurines – Lotus Blossom, Zecora and Pinkie Pie
- POP! Vinyl Funko Figure – Maleficent
- G.I. Joe 25th Ann. Hasbro Collectible Playing Cards Deck
- ‘Transformers Animated’ Hasbro Convention Staff Mechanic Shirt (circa ’08)
- Star Wars The Original Trilogy series 3.75” Darth Vader action figure
- SDCC 2012 Disney Vinylmation So Tasty Cotton Candy Figure w/ Jerk Paper Hat
- Star Wars Hasbro 3.75” Boba Fett Prototype Armor (White) action figure
- Tooth Tunes Star Wars Electronic Tooth Brush
- SDCC 2010 Hasbro Exclusive Marvel Spider-Man Movie Spidey Suit action figure
- Star Wars Mighty Muggs Boba Fett
- Hasbro Star Wars Father’s Day 2-Pack w/ Luke Skywalker & Darth Vader
- Hasbro Exclusive Marvel Universe 3.75” Old Man Logan action figure
- SDCC 2006 Hasbro Exclusive Star Wars 3.75” 501st Legion Stormtrooper action figure
- SDCC 2007 Hasbro Exclusive G.I. Joe 3.75” “Pimp Daddy Destro” action figure (Gold Head)
- SDCC 2007 Hasbro Exclusive Star Wars 3.75” Ralph McQuarrie Obi-Wan & Yoda action figure set
- SDCC 2009 Hasbro Exclusive Star Wars 3.75” Legacy Collection Luke Skywalker (“Smiling Luke”) action figure
- SDCC 2013 Hasbro Exclusive My Little Pony DJ Pon-3 figure
- SDCC 2008 Hasbro Exclusive G.I. Joe 3.75” Cobra Commander action figure (Blue Suit)
Hasbro SDCC Exclusive 2014: Rom The Spaceknight
One of the more unexpected SDCC Exclusives, Hasbro let loose the bomb on the Internet just a short while before SDCC that they would be bringing along a Mighty Muggs Rom the Spaceknight! Simply the news delighted long time fans of the oft swept under rug character. There has been a clamor for Rom in any scale. To get him as a Mugg I’m sure made a lot of folks happy.
- It’s a perfect bubbly replication of Rom!
- Blaster is included and fits very well in hand.
- Excellent line detail and paint application.
- The red eyes feel almost 3-dimensional.
- Arm and head movement is welcome and is just enough to pull off a funny pose or two.
- He’s not a Marvel Legends Scale figure.
- He’s not a Marvel Infinite Scale figure.
- Who doesn’t love a classic character getting some attention?!
- eBay if you missed it at the con, or if you missed it on Hasbrotoyshop.com. The prices are still pretty reasonable but I wouldn’t wait on this if you really want it.
SDCC 2014: Hasbro Thanos Imperative Box Set
I’m not going to beat around the bush here, but I will caveat. I haven’t reviewed my weight in 6 inch figures as I have definitely done in 3.75 scale, so I admit I’m less an expert in this category. However. In my honest opinion the SDCC 2014 Thanos Imperative Box Set from Hasbro has put the 6 inch action figure world on notice. Marvel and Hasbro have caught a keg worth of lightining and they are loosing it on the world between sets like this and the success of Guardians of the Galaxy. Every single figure in this set is amazing. Amazing. The packaging, also amazing.
- The mouth of the Galactus Engine opens (slides down) to reveal Blastaar. A box…it’s a box, and it has an articulated mouth.
- Opening the mouth reveals a set of wings that can be folded out to make the box appear to be a ship.
- The Galactus Engine artwork is incredible.
- Excellent character detail is displayed as hidden until the mouth is opened / wings are unfolded.
- Blastaar faces out from Galactus’ mouth, while ‘the good guys’ face out through clear plastic on the opposite side. The 4 heroes are in a single tray and Blastaar gets his own tray….he needs it.
- The box isn’t made of plastic so it won’t last forever :(.
- Every figure in this set is incredibly pose-able.
- Fine line details showcase the bolts on the uniform.
- The tuning fork is a nice independent piece on Bolt’s forehead.
- Under arm wings work far better here than on the previously released Legends Black Bolt. These are hard plastic vs the very easily rip/breakable old Bolt release.
- I have never had the good fortune to say this of an action figure, until today. Medusa has fine child bearing hips.
- Excellent paint application.
- Excellent facial detail and expression.
- Spiked heals!?
- Medusa’s hair will help her stand where her heels may fail her.
- While her hair is awesome…it’s not articulated. I can’t wait till the figure out how to pull that off.
- Remember the 3.75 Star Lord Figure that came out in the MU Guardians of the Galaxy box set? He looks like that, but 2x the size, right down to the guns…but.
- Articulation here is once again incredible, where by size the MU release was a little bit more limited.
- Exceptional costume and helmet detail. Star Lord comes off the pages in a stunning three dimensional representation.
- Fits right in with Drax and Rocket releases from last year. Looks great standing next to Nova too!
- Icing on the cake here would have been a swappable head without helmet / mask.
- Gladiator is the second meatiest figure in this bunch, sturdy and thick limbed.
- Comic accurate facial / uniform detail, mohawk and cape.
- Highly articulated for setup of just about any pose.
- This is an incredibly substantial figure.
- What the hell are they gonna use this mold for next? I can’t wait to see!
- I don’t even have anything witty bad to put here.
- Blastaar is massive.
- Facial / hair detail is to the comic page accurate.
- Body accessories, while molded on are again, page perfect to the Thanos Imperative story line.
- He’s just so freaking big! There is nothing dainty about this monster.
- What the hell are they gonna use this mold for next? I can’t wait to see! ( I repeated myself on purpose).
- He’s missing one little thing, a shoulder / upper arm guard. Totally being nitpicky here though, this figure is astounding.
- Ohhh my gosh it sucks so much that you can’t buy this for cost anymore. This is a must own for Marvel Cosmic fans!
- Right, so let me adjust the above statement. Word on the street is that this would not be solely an SDCC exclusive. There is no tagging on the box to indicate that to be the case. The rumor is that this will be a convention exclusive, and there will be other conventions. It would be a terrible shame not to get this set into as many hands of wanting folks as Hasbro can because it is a bargain at twice the retail price and it includes some of the most exceptional figures my hand has ever held.
Hasbro Thanos Imperative Box Set Group Picture:
SDCC 2014: Hasbro Infinity Gauntlet Box Set
I cannot believe that this moment has finally come. Since first hearing about the set, salivating…really wasn’t the right word for what it came to. Today though, on my door a nice giant sized box arrived containing what can only be referred to…as the precious. The Infinity Gauntlet Box set, exclusively sold at SDCC 2014’s Hasbro booth, and now, for a very short time (while supplies last) available on Hasbrotoyshop.com. The set features a giant, man sized Infinity Gauntlet, sure to fit nearly any hand that holds it, even Thanos’s hand. Also included in the set….Thanos himself, Nebula, Star Fox and Mistress Death, 3 of the four, available for the first time ever in 3.75 inch plastic!!
- Thanos is displayed in his classic darker blue with gold tones and highlights, the colors here jump just like they do off the printed page.
- The ethereal translucent gauntlet on Thanos’s left hand pays great homage to the power that was the Infinity Gauntlet.
- The paint application and face mirror the 2-pack Thanos released with Adam Warlock, not the original single carded release. This means a full grin and a gold stripe down the chest.
- I got nothin, this is about as close as we will get to the classic Thanos from the amazing 90’s Infinity Gauntlet series.
- Hasbro nails Nebula dead on, right down to the highlights in her hair.
- Clean paint application.
- Not a bad…but, do we get a single carded variant from Nebula in the GoTG movie? Wishful thinking…
- Highly comic accurate.
- Comes with Gauntlet accessory and it fits really well!
- Repaint of the Quicksilver from the Marvel Universe line…he was dead on just about the same guy, so good job there.
- I’m really not too sure about the blue hues across Star Fox’s chest.
- Mistress Death comes with a swappable flesh head and hand.
- Swapping is easy, doesn’t feel permanent if you go one way or the other.
- Once again, Hasbro has absolutely nailed the essence of the character that they set out to.
- Mistress Death features absolute zero articulation. This is a little disappointing because it would have been nice to setup a few poses between she and Thanos.
- It’s huge! It will fit on just about any hand human or otherwise…
- Highly detailed soft foam, a strap is in the Gauntlet to hold it on your hand.
- Each gem looks like it has little skulls set inside of it.
- For the first time ever, you can control the galaxy with your own Infinity Gauntlet!!
- Did you see Guardians of the Galaxy? If you did you should know that you don’t do anything bad with or around an Infinity Gem…you just don’t.
All of em:
- Seriously, any fan of the Gauntlet absolutely MUST own this!!!
Hasbro Infinity Gauntlet Box Set Package and Group Pictures:
Hasbro Infinity Gauntlet Wearing it Pictures:
From Diamond Select Toys
With his library of cult-favorite films and regular geek-centric podcasts through his company SModCo, director and author Kevin Smith is geek royalty, holding court each year in the legendary Hall H at Comic-Con International in San Diego. At this past weekend’s Comic-Con, Diamond Select Toys unveiled a number of new products based on Smith’s creations, in two new product categories!
At their booth on the show floor, DST displayed several new items from the View Askew universe, including:
– a plush doll of Buddy Christ, the religious icon who appears in many of Smith’s films;
– a Mooby ceramic mug, depicting the famous Golden Calf and fast-food mascot;
– two double-sided Jay & Silent Bob and Bluntman & Chronic mugs, capturing Smith’s alter egos (and their respective partners in crime) in the animated style of Smith’s recent “Jay & Silent Bob’s Super Groovy Cartoon Movie!”
“Kevin has created so many great characters, and they still resonate with fans after all these years,” said DST President Chuck Terceira. “We’re very excited to be making fun products based in the world of the View Askewniverse, and Kevin has been a dream come true to work with.”
Banks and Minimates mini-figures of Buddy Christ and Mooby are currently available for pre-order, with ship dates in the late summer and early fall. The Buddy Christ plush and various ceramic mugs will be offered to retailers and consumers in the coming months, for an early 2015 release.
For more Kevin Smith, visit smodcast.com!
I have been vexed all Comic Con long this year, by hard to find DST info and solid images. Hell, a few days ago I posted what I thought was a Cable coming out in 2015! It’s coming out in 2014 and thank goodness for that! I can’t wait to pre-order.
That said, all along DST has been posting great photos of upcoming goodness to their Facebook page. Well, today, I’m doing the best I can in sharing that.
It looks list Diamond Select had a great Comic Con, new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Minimates, new Pulp Fiction and Mass Effect Minimates, new Diamond Select figs in Cable and Carnage, Bust Banks Abounding! Let’s also not forget, new Marvel Zombie Villains! (Can I get a new Zombie Heroes with Nova please?) (And a Nova Prime Select Figure in 2015…) Have a look!