The Funko booth at NYCC this year is the stuff of legends. Exclusive, elusive, always packed, and full of amazing goodies. As MUReview strives to bring balanced show floor coverage, we didn’t have time to wait for a ticket to buy items from the booth, but we did get a chance to get outside and take some images you guys might like. Tomorrow is the last day of NYCC and Funko has some amazing exclusives, flocked Cookie Monster, Deadpool (red) in his Chimichanga truck, an amazing Batman and Batmobile set, so much more too! Get there and get there early if you want any. You have to pick up tickets in the queue hall. Happy Hunting!!
The Disney Infinity Panel was awesome. It featured gameplay from the upcoming Marvel Battlegrounds set, that looks to take the game to heights reached only by Powerstone and Super Smash Brothers…and it might just succeed!
Take four figures, put em in a battle. Fun!
A new Cap figure was shown, and additional sets were teased (Force Awakens – we should hear more next week).
All figures were described as having their own specific move sets just for the expansion.
Towards the end of the panel they played a live match, offering the winners representative section a Hulkbuster figure a month early…but when my section won, they just gave everyone a Hulkbuster as expected.
It was amazing, it was exciting, I am exhausted, and you should just check out the pictures!
The Cup O’ Joe panel is a must at any convention. Fans get to sit and listen to, and ask questions of the Marvel Editor in Chief, Joe Quesada. I’m going to let the slides do the talking for the most part. The panel was great, informative, showed off a lot of great new coming books, but to skip the end before we get to the beginning. The Q and A session kicked off with an accusatory and pointed question that tried to catch the Marvel cast off guard, and they responded with grace when it came to outrage about the outing of Bobby Drake by Jean Grey (the conversation that happened between friends). It was painful to listen to, and at the end of the day, it proves that it doesn’t matter how hard you try, someone will be offended. I’m sorry to the person that was offended, but at the end of the day, write a letter. Everyone in that room was there in fun and good spirits, not to point fingers or start arguments with their favorite creators. Nuff’ said.
The panel featured:
Ed McGuiness, Al Ewing, Sana Samant, Jordan White, Nick Lowe, Axel Alonso and Joe Quesada.
- Marvel will be celebrating Cap’s 75th anniversary in style with Sam wilson at the helm in Captain America #7.
- Cap will get variant covers with tons of different takes on the shield!
Black Panther’s 50th
- Black Panther will also get a whole ton of variant love for the anniversary.
Contest of Champions
- The first book based on a video game that’s based on a book!
- New Character named Guillotine, she’s French.
- Coming 12/15.
- This is all in universe, all in canon.
- Characters from books will go into the game and vice versa.
Captain Marvel novel
- Written by Dean Hale and Shannon Hale, this will target young adults.
- Release TBD
Marvel joins the New York Musical Theater Festival.
- and they are very excited about it.
- Look for this journey into hilarity in January of 2016.
- Peter Parker is back and the head of his own company.
- Pete will take what he learned from Uncle Ben and apply it to his company, and it goes global.
- Parker has access to unlimited resources…so lots of gadgets…oh and..
- DOC OCK IS BACK
- Check it out 12/16
- The Surfer takes his Girlfriend back to earth January 2016.
- March is the 50th anniversary of the Silver Surfer. Something will happen that changes the character forever!
- Daredevil gets a sidekick that can turn invisible. Sam Chung AKA Blindspot!
- Murdock is back in NY and his secret identity is restored.
- He is now a DA.
- Black Bolt’s son gets kidnapped by Kang. Chaos ensues.
- The Inhuman books will be multiplying with All New Inhumans, Ms Marvel and Karnak, all with great stories!
- Ms Marvel will begin coming to terms with what it means to be an Avenger.
- Karnak will punch people.
- The All New Inhumans will deal with Medusa getting around with Johnny Storm.
- Vader gets a new book that crosses him over with the Star Wars main book in Vader Down.
- He’s found a giant Rebel Army…and he’s all alone, what could go wrong?
- Vader gets an annual where he finds himself on a diplomatic mission.
- Obi Wan and Anakin get a book that features a young Anakin (13), and develops the relationship between he and Obi.
Q and A
- I failed you here. Q and A really lost me after the first question. There was one point though where the stage told a reader to read the end of Secret Wars, and the reader said “I would but it keeps getting pushed out?!!”. That was pretty damned funny.
Check out the slideshow!
MUReview.net is a Marvel site, but we’ve got love for DC too! We sat in on The DC Comics – Batman: The Bat-Universe panel today. I don’t have much to say about it, because mostly they just covered what’s out that you can read right now. It all looks great, go read it. Robin War is coming. Check out the slides!
MUReview had a chance to stop back at Diamond Select Toys on the NYCC show floor today, and to our delight, they added some new Muppet Select scale figures to the display! Ogle the images! Ogle!
Starting off day 3 at NYCC for MUReview.net was the All New All Different Marvel Panel. A first for me at a Marvel panel, it was so packed I had to stand in the back! I was early and everything! At any rate, let’s get to it.
The panel featured Katie Kubert, Gerry Duggan, Dennis Hopeless and David Walker. Marvel took guests on a journey into what’s next and coming in the next few months. You can skip to the gallery for images of the slideshow, and check out our brief descriptions below.
- The first arc will revolutionize what is going on in Wakanda!
- Marvel is not cancelling x men
- This is the core X-Men book featuring Storm, Old Man Logan and a Young Jean Grey…what could go wrong?
- The mutants are imperiled by Terrigen mists which sets up conflicting goals for humans and mutants.
All New Wolverine
- Coming in January 2016.
- Features X-23 as the new Wolverine along with Dr. Strange.
- A lot of surprises in this book!
All New X-Men
- Dennis Hopeless adds the return of the Blob!
- It’s a team of mutant kids in a post Secret Wars world.
- The kids don’t like what the adults are doing and they want to be heroes again.
- The book will deal with that and teen angst.
Powerman and Iron Fist
- The book will develop the friendship of this unlikely pair.
Howling Commandos of S.H.I.E.L.D.
- Coming January 16
- It’s gonna have monsters!
- It’s also going to have Hit Monkey and Dum Dum Dugan.
Venom Space Knight
- It’s Venom in space…what’d you think?
- Releasing in November of 2015.
- It’s Gwen vs. Goblins.
- The band is back together January 16th.
- The story picks up after Peter Parker died, there are lizards running around the city, and Gwen doesn’t want to Spidey to be found as a lizard.
- Jessica Drew is going to learn to deal with being a super hero and with being pregnant!
- Silk broke bad by working for Black Cat, the reasons why are revealed in issue 1.
Spider Ladies Crossover
- The arachnid women of the Marvel universe are going into a big crossover event in Feb of 2016. Gwen will be jumping in and out of 616 and the other girls will be jumping into Earth 65…and it’s gonna get messy.
Also worthy of note. Awesome Cosplayers in the panel, Colossus, Ms. Marvel, Doctor Strange and more!