Guardians Of The Galaxy – Ronan and Star Lord
This is our last look at the 2.5 inch Guardians of the Galaxy line and we feature our Big Bad and our Big Good with Ronan and Star Lord.
- The level of detail for Ronan is exceptional, line work and molding is incredible.
- Perfect color and excellent facial detail for this scale.
- Armor is spot on movie accurate.
- You can’t take off his cowl.
- Star Lord in full coat is now the third Star Lord I’m talking about, but with his mask and a clever coat application, Hasbro did a good job here.
- Star Lord comes with the weapon used to bring Ronan’s reign of terror to an end.
- The trench coat application is clever, but also a little funky. Check the images.
- For $6 a 2-pack, there is no reason not to grab this whole series if you are a fan of the Guardians of the Galaxy film!
The entries have been tallied and I am overwhelmed by the response. Facebook likes, Twitter follows, post comments, Twitter hashtags! But let me get to the point, it’s August 7th, and someone just won all of this:
- A bundle of goodies from Imagination Toys
- 1x Custom Whirlwind Marvel Universe scale action figure fromTotalToyz.
- 1x Deadpool Taco Truck SDCC 2013 Exclusive from HASBRO
- A Care Package featuring outstanding Bottle Openers and Marvel Vs. Capcom Series 3 Minimates from Diamond Select Toys!
- 2x $25 digital gift cards for / from Big Bad Toy Store ($50 total)
Winning the random drawing by virtue of a Facebook like, Brian from South Carolina!
First off, I know this is a little bit late, but thanks to some technical difficulties that kind of stuff will happen. Now onto the show.
I can’t say this was a stellar week for comics. I feel like choosing an official “Comic of the Week” is like choosing a president this year. You are in bad shape either way you choose.
I am not going to make this post very long winded because quite frankly I told you about “Deadpool Kills the Marvel Universe” series two weeks ago. If you aren’t reading it yet I have only one question, what in the world is wrong with you?
Let me start off by saying I could have easily made the second issue of “Deadpool Kills the Marvel Universe” my ‘Comic of the Week.’ Seriously, the comic is just that good.
With that said I decided to go with “The New Avengers #29” instead. Out of all the Avengers series available, New Avengers is by far my favorite and that has a lot to do with Brian Michael Bendis as the writer. Art is done by Mike Deodato and color by Rain Beredo. Marvel has a ton of great talent when it comes to writers and Bendis is at the top of the heap.
So rare in the Marvel Universe do we get edgy done well. Yes, we have Marvel Knights which has been solid at times, but I think my “Comic of the Week” selection is an effort that makes it feel right to be an adult and still reading comic books.