Mezco One:12 Daredevil
When I look at the pages and pages of posts I’ve done, and then filter it down to Mezco One:12 reviews, that list becomes a little less than one full page. That page starts with the NYCC 2016 Exclusive Daredevil review. That review started my love affair with Mezco One:12. Since then, 8 more reviews including this one have come along, and so many …so so many pre-orders, that I am ever so impatiently waiting for.
I absolutely love Shadowland Daredevil, but a little part of me wanted good ole’ reliable big red Daredevil. So I went out, moved, shaked, begged, borrowed, stole, and traded my way into this beauty you see below you! Mezco’s original Daredevil release. Now, I recently took a look at the original release Punisher Vs. The Toy Fair exclusive. The differences were limited to the color of a vest and belt. There is a little more to dig into with respect to Daredevil, so I’ll note the differences and expand on my original review where appropriate. Again special thanks to Daniel for the solid trade.
- Difference 1 – Suit color. The biggest most obvious, we go from black on black to red on red.
- Difference 2 – Red Daredevil comes with two alternate heads, an unmasked Murdock and a half broken masked daredevil.
- Difference 3 – Entirely different box, the Red DD is a full size One:12 box, all read with the door and window. The exclusive box is smaller, no window / door, but has that “Exclusive” sticker on it.
- The alternate heads included with this Daredevil make the set for me. Being able to display DD maskless, where the maskless face looks like an actual person you might see in the street is amazing.
- Battle damage mask also looks amazing and will lend itself well to all sorts of mid-fight diorama scenes.
- The acrobatic pose-ability offered here is just amazing. Incredible articulation mixed with a flexible flight stand, the world is our oyster.
- The DD sense behind the head piece is still just the coolest add in ever.
- The different shades and materials of red blend very well here, the plastic guards, the leather, and cloth all come together to show off a stunning Daredevil costume.
- I am fully in love with this figure, I’ve got nothing to say here.
The production lines must be running hot at Mezco. One:12 cranks out hit after hit figure. So many have come since this Daredevil, and there are so many more announced and already pre-ordered. This red Daredevil figure is now a favorite, like the Shadowland version was before it. Being that I grew up with this version, or very close to it, he takes the cake for me, and I couldn’t be happier to have him. I have to once again thank my friend Daniel for the hook up, and Mezco for the making him.
2017 is the year that people “lost they damned minds” over Mezco One:12. If you don’t pre-order, forget about it. That is the case with the large portion of the One:12 releases. Thankfully though, this Daredevil is still available even on the aftermarket at a reasonable price. Check him out on Amazon.
Mezco One:12 Green Arrow
Man, the Green Arrow went up and down for pre-order on Mezco’s site while I was sleeping. I don’t know how long it was actually up, but I tend to sleep for really long periods of time. The moral of the story is, I missed out on the pre-order. However, thanks to another blockbuster trade with my buddy Daniel (are there more in the works? I want to bring you more One:12!), I now have my hands and eyes on this exceptional Green Arrow figure. Interestingly enough, I just went to look for an actual release date of this figure on some sort of One:12 Wiki are official source of information / database of One:12’s….Man, someone should get on that!
- The Arrows…. Mr. Queen comes with a literal amount of 5 individual arrows, 13 counting the unseprate-able bundles. Each is unique.
- Single Arrow
- Grappling Hook Arrow
- Explosive silver tip looking Arrow
- Explosive green tip looking Arrow
- 3 pack Arrow
- Quiver full of shafts set that fits snugly and looks perfect in Green Arrows backpack quiver.
- Can’t talk about arrows without talking about the bow. Green Arrows bow is sturdy, the string is well affixed to the bow for what has already held up well to light posing. If you aren’t careful though, you will definitely send an arrow flying, it’s tight enough for that.
- The leather work on this figure is unlike anything I’ve ever seen in this or any figure scale. Buckles, belts, his entire jerkin is so finely stitch point detailed, it is a site to behold.
- One of the few times I’ve ever seen a “hood” work on a figure. The way it is engineered with the poseable piping at the mouth of it is really something to behold.
- HIs boots look armored, and the armor looks battle damaged perfectly. The same can be said of Green Arrow’s bracers.
- Arrows iconic Errol Flynn goatee is perfectly captured here.
- The sneaky back belted dagger looks briliant, and more brilliant still is that you can pose Green Arrow in a reach for it.
- 5 sets of hands of all kinds are included here.
- The Mezco One:12 Green Arrow, does not in fact, come with a boxing glove arrow…dang.
Mezco One:12 makes giant step after giant step with each figure they release, and the place where they started was already head and shoulders above in the scale. These are ultra-premium figures at an absolutely reasonable price (as long as you pre-order and don’t mind waiting). Green Arrow adds to the already impressive, and rapidly growing roster of super heroes in the One:12 line that includes a greatest hits of both your favorite DC and Marvel characters. Do you want this figure? Yes? Is he worth a kidney? That’s your decision to make, but as I’m given to understand, you only really need one.
Excitement for Mezco One:12 of any figure variety is at a fever pitch. They are flying out of stock on websites and while the aftermarket (Amazon / eBay) is still reasonable in price, it’s about the only place left to go unless you are pre-ordering at MezcoToyz.com or a place like BigBadToyStore.com. The lesson here is, pre-order if you want it. You will miss the boat if you don’t, and you don’t want to do that.
Mezco One:12 Punisher
So, I’m a little bummed I can’t use my Punisher quote from 1989 again…it would just be redundant, but I’m really excited that I got a look at the standard release Punisher from Mezco One:12! Months and months back, just after Toy Fair 2017, we gave you an up close look at the Mezco One:12 Toy Fair Exclusive Punisher. Word on the street is, they only made 60. I spent a good amount of time on that write up and photo shoot. I encourage you to check it out, it’s a full in depth review of The TF Exclusive Punisher, but it’s also an in depth review of this Punisher, as there are only three differences that my barely trained eye is able to detect.
Instead of a full write up of this Punisher, which I adore as much as the first, if not more honestly (I’m a sucker for the comic colors) I’m going to call out the three major differences, then I’m going to show you a bunch of nice pictures that I took of this Punisher, which I received courtesy of and in trade with a new friend named Daniel. Daniel, I thank you for this Punisher, and the upcoming Green Arrow review that I’m excited to share with everyone!
- Difference 1 – the color of the front Skull is white vs. black.
- Difference 2 – the color of the Punisher’s belt / ammo pouches, here, on the standard release they are leathered and weathered looking almost black brown, on the exclusive, it’s all black.
- Difference 3 – That Mezco Exclusive sticker on the box!
In 2017, Mezco is four Punishers deep. This one, the Toy Fair Exclusive, the PX Previews, and the ultra limited run of classic costumed Punisher (rumored less than 400). This will give collectors both joy and fits. Getting them all will be no small feat, but those that have the Classic and Toy Fair exclusive have a hell of a head start.
This particular version of the Punisher is the standard release, but it’s been a while since he came out and getting him now will be a challenge. Less of a challenge than the Classic, PX Previews, or ultimately rare Toy Fair never sold exclusive, but a challenge none-the-less.
Yesterday, St. Patrick’s Day, Mezco made their Box O’ Gold St. Patrick’s Day Mystery Box sale live. For $50, you get at least $100 worth of Mezco Merch, and a chance at up to $500 worth. The fixin’s could come from anywhere in the Mezco line. Well, MUReview LOVES Mezco, so we rolled the dice…what did we get? …before I show you…I ordered this yesterday…it’s here today. EPIC! Oh…
and it’s still available as of today, 3/18! It’s sold out.
A Heisenberg Key chain!
A Sons of Anarchy Key chain!
A One:12 Batman…POSTER!
And the crown jewel of our mystery box, the One:12 scale Frankenstein Door Diorama, which retails for over $100 by itself! Spoiler alert, this was $50 well spent! We have a ton of pictures of the dio below, but what you need to know is that it’s amazing, it’s heavy…it’s really really heavy…also, it’s amazing!
- Highly detailed
- Functioning door with handles on each side.
- Treasure chest included (doesn’t open)
- Cardboard backdrop art piece.
This piece is beautiful. I don’t have Frankenstein, and I don’t have my One:12 figures with me, they stay at work now, but I’ll be bringing this piece to work to hang with my One:12 figures. This screams “put the Punisher here!” and I’m gonna do that.
Mezco One:12 The Flash
My first official MezcoToyz.com purchase of a One:12 figure! This is so freaking exciting! The Flash!! So…this is what happened. They announced The Flash. I was ecstatic. The Flash went up for sale, I missed it. The Flash was listed as sold out. I was devastated. Then, outta nowhere, The Flash went up for order…so I clicked, and I clicked hard. Then, I waited, impatiently, through Toy Fair, where I got to see it in person like 10 times, and love and want it more. Then…finally….Friday, it arrived at my house, and there was great joy. How come though? What’s so good about this figure…well…for one thing, shut your pie hole, what kind of question is that even? But for the other, you can just scroll…and I’m sorry I yelled at you…but you needed to be told.
- The Flash’s outfit is a perfect fit and perfect color. The red fabric is The Flash through and through from page to plastic.
- Lightening bolt accent pieces are well designed, look wonderful, and there really isn’t any concern that they’d fall off. You should be careful using the included flight stand around the waist piece.
- The standard-eyed head is highly detailed and the eyes look fantastic.
- The star of the figure for me is the white-eyed Barry head, the smirk, the eyes, it’s The Flash at his finest, tapping the Speed Force!
- Accessories apart from the alt head include:
- 2 alternate pairs of hands, fast run hands and grasping hands. Hands are easily interchangeable.
- 4 lightening effects, 2 for hands, 2 for feet…yes, I know I used the hand pieces wrong…I’m silly like that.
- Speed Cyclone effect, fits perfect on the hand peg, looks great.
- Stand with standing peg and a full armed flight stand for wall running…what else?
- Fantastic pose-ability allows the Flash to get into all sorts of great run / jump / speed poses. Joints are tight but easily move-able.
- This may be the most minor complaint I’ve ever had, but as a matter of preference, I always liked the Flash bolts high on his boots vs where they are situated here around the ankle.
One:12 has brought another de-facto figure version of a character to bare on us all, and we…mostly we have to buy it. This is a great figure, if you are a fan of the Flash, you shouldn’t hesitate. You should also know that you can pick up a “variant” to this figure as well, Zoom! Zoom is out now, but could be tough to find, he’s a PX Previews exclusive figure and generally retails for about $80.
Getting The Flash will be a little tricky too. The Mezco Official site has an option to be added to a wait list, but The Flash has already sold out twice there. It is sold out at BigBadToyStore.com too. A sure bet for today, a little more expensive, but you can pick this up at Amazon. Flash generally retails for about $75.
Mezco One:12 Toy Fair Exclusive Punisher
“Come on god, answer me. for years I’m asking why, why are the innocent dead and the guilty alive? Where is justice? Where is punishment? Or have you already answered, have you already said to the world here is justice, here is punishment, here, in me.” – The Punisher 1989
MUReview was lucky enough to have been invited to the Mezco 2017 Pre-Toy Fair Event at their headquarters in Long Island City. We had a great time and brought you, what I hope you think, was awesome coverage of the event! When we left that event, our friends at Mezco handed us a bag with a Toy Fair Exclusive One:12 Collective figure in it. Now…I’m not going to lie to you, I wanted to open that bag, right in front of everyone and see what was in it. I really really wanted to, but that seemed immature. So, I went around the corner to the couch where my coat was, peeked into the bag, and saw The One:12 Collective Punisher figure. My heart leapt, I wanted to skweee with joy, but also, that felt immature, so I didn’t. I waited till I got outside, and did a silent tiny fist pump. A fist pump that I didn’t know at the time, probably should have been way bigger. Turns out, not only did Mezco hook me up with the One:12 Punisher, and I wouldn’t find out till later, this is actually a Toy Fair exclusive figure, that as far as I can tell, was / will only be handed out by Mezco at that event, and maybe at Toy Fair 2017 to some folks that missed the event. So…pretty cool, right? WRONG! Fudgin’ amazing is what it is, because not only is the Punisher an epic figure for the ages, this one is made even cooler by being just…none more black is the best way I can describe it. Let’s have a look at The Mezco One:12 Toy Fair 2017 Exclusive Punisher!
- Remember that scene in the Matrix where Neo is like “Guns, lots of guns”? Mezco applied that logic here. The Punisher comes with some of the most amazing weapon accessories I have ever seen included. Buckle up, I’m gonna talk about guns for a little before I get to the figure.
- Included sub-machine gun comes with two clips. They actually clip into the gun.
- Pistol comes with two clips, they also actually clip into the gun.
- Machine gun comes with two clips…they clip into the freaking gun (sense a theme?!)
- Grenade launcher comes with 6 bullets. The stock of the launcher rotates so that you can pop each bullet into the 6 round chamber. The grenade launcher stock also has a hinge that flips up for alternate methods of storage and in-hand carry.
- Bullet burst effect included and it fits into the barrel of each gun (except grenade launcher).
- Not applicable to this figure or the standard retail Punisher, but if you score the $130 deluxe version, he comes with…you guessed it…EVEN MORE GUNS!!!
- Also included, a knife, that if you tried hard enough, you could probably actually cut something with. It’s small, but for plastic, it’s got an edge.
- Ok, enough gushing about guns….ok one more. The pistol, check the gallery, the slide action actually works! (the top part of the gun is articulated to go back and forth as the gun would do in real life when fired, or click to when empty (does that really happen, or is that just what TV uses to tell me it’s empty? I’m not incredibly gun-knowledgeable).
- Included are three hyper detailed Frank Castle heads, one normal but pist-off looking one, one where he’s meant to look like he took a few punches, and another where he’s outright raging mad…let’s call that shooty face. Each head / face looks shockingly life-like, less like it was based on a comic book character, more like someone took a picture of a person, scanned it into a computer and made that the head.
- This being an exclusive variant of The Punisher, his chest armor is black instead of white. This leads the overall feeling of the figure to be darker, grittier, and I love it.
- Chest armor and belt are removable.
- Sometimes The Punisher has to roll his sleeves up and get dirty. Not a problem here, just push his sleeves up to increase bad-ass level to 11.
- Articulation on this figure has me drooling for when we get Spider-Man. There isn’t much in the way of posing he can’t achieve, you can basically move him any which way at every joint up through crunching him comfortably into a tiny ball.
- The Punisher includes good quality cloth clothing and very nicely detailed boots and gloves.
- Included, but not used in our photo shoot, the Punisher comes with a flight stand. This will facilitate all sorts of kick in the door, dive in the room sort of action shots.
- I’m in love with this figure, but it’s not without it’s flaw (no “s”). Anyone who comes round here knows that I’m a little greedy, and knows that I value something kinda ridiculous above a lot else. One of my favorite action figure features, is that if you give a figure accessories, that they have a place to stow, store or hold them. The One:12 Collective Punisher comes with “lots of guns” and bullet clips, and has naught but two hands and a blade holster for his knife. Who knows what it would have done to the cost, but The Punisher has a ton of pouches on his removable belt, if they were all hollowed out and open / closable, there’d be a place at least for all the additional clips, throw in a pistol holder, maybe a strap on the rifle or grenade launcher, and you’ve got storage for each weapon. For me that would take this figure, that is already astonishing, and make it literally freaking perfect.
I think I’ve said this every time I’ve taken a look at a One:12 figure. This is some next level stuff. What One:12 is doing with action figures is Legendary. I don’t know that there is anything else out there in this scale offering this level of detail, this articulation, quite Frank-ly (haaa), this passion towards the characters that they are bringing to bare. Mezco leaves very little to be desired with any figure I’ve seen in this line so far (if anything at all). The Punisher will join my Shadowlands Daredevil and Classic Cap on my filing cabinet next to my desk at work, where co-workers will frequently stop and say “Damn, that’s cool”. 2017 and 2018 gives us an incredible amount to look forward to from Mezco in the One:12 line, tons of great Marvel characters including Deadpool, Spider-Man, Doctor Strange, Iron Man, and Wolverine, and fantastic DC heroes, Superman, Darkseid, The Flash, Green Arrow, Wonder Woman, Harley Quinn, The Joker, Shazam, Batman too! I’m really excited to be able to share reviews with you for at least a few of the above mentioned, but seriously, wallets gon’ be hurtin’ this year!
This particular version of the Punisher is highly exclusive, distributed only to attendees of their 2017 Pre-Toy Fair event in New York. You’ll have to find someone who scandalously wants to sell theirs on the secondary market to get hands on this all black Punisher. You have other options though. The standard issue Punisher from Mezco (white chest skull armor) is on sale now where you buy figures, places like, Big Bad Toy Store for $80! You can also pre-order the Deluxe Punisher PX Previews Exclusive (included red chest armor, harness, and lots more guns and alternate accessories) from Big Bad Toy Store for $130.