Ultimate Spider-Man | Deadpool
Mezco One:12 Summer Exclusive Deadpool
Day two of Mezco SDCC Summer Exclusives from the One:12 line, and it’s freakin’ Deadpool, Deadpool in his X-men costume. a little different than his Spider-counterpart, Deadpool is still Deadpool, just in a different set of tights, while Miles is technically an entirely different character. The feeling here is different, and if I’m being completely honest, I may have purchased this Deadpool for few other reasons than, I am impatient, and just really really want a Deadpool now. So…mission accomplished there. Thanks to pre-ordering direct from Mezco, this Deadpool showed up at my door last week, just after SDCC I think, in the same box as MM Spidey. This Summer Exclusive was the first to sell out
- Deadpool looks fantastic, rich teal / blue, bright yellow, very sharp detail lines.
- DPs forearm and shin guards are scuffed and lightly splattered with red to look like blood and it’s glorious.
- The leather look on both of his heads is astonishing, the way it looks like there is a face underneath filling it out and the way the stitching comes together. This is one of the coolest looking Deadpool heads I’ve ever seen.
- Deadpool comes with a healthy collection of weapons, grenades, a handgun (with removable clip), assault rifle with grenade launcher and loadable grenades.
- Deadpool is highly pose-able and you can get him into whatever position you’d like…which is something I’m sure he also appreciates.
- He is a headswap away from being a custom of Kickass.
- Deadpool does not have a holster for his gun or any of the grenade launcher rounds.
- Keeping the grenades clipped to Deadpool is a bit of a challenge when trying to pose / after posing depending on the pose.
- What a cool opportunity this would have been to include the aged Commander Steve Rogers face as an alternate head!
X-Men suit Deadpool is really an awesome figure on his own. He’s still, for me, a tease for the two Deadpools that I’m really desperately waiting for, default suit and X-Force suit. I’ll take Deadpool any way I can get him though…and I’m sure he’d appreciate that? Deadpool was a ton of fun to shoot, I even got in a little short story if you scroll through the images. While my impatience for the other Deadpool figures is what prompted the purchase, this is a fantastic figure, and while it makes me want the others more, I’m really happy to be able to put this on my shelf and have him wreak havoc on The Flash and Green Arrow.
Before SDCC you had the chance to pre-order this Deadpool direct from Mezco. You could have then purchased him on the show floor. You may have a shot at another major convention, otherwise, your only real chance is the aftermarket, and the after market hurts your wallet so hard. Amazon is listing him for $199+, and it’s only going to get worse from there.
Ultimate Spider-Man | Deadpool
Mezco One:12 Summer Exclusive Ultimate Spider-Man (Miles Morales)
Mezco has been knocking every character they touch out of the park, Green Arrow, Punisher, Flash, Captain America, Batmans out the wazoo… This year, as a “Summer Exclusive”, they offer us not one, but two epic new figures in Ultimate Spider-Man (Miles Morales) and Deadpool in his X-Men outfit. These summer exclusives were initially available by pre-order directly from Mezco, and then on the show floor at San Diego Comic-con 2017. It is anticipated that stock of these figures will make appearances at a few more conventions than just SDCC, but for now, they sold out at SDCC and the online pre-orders sold out well in advance of SDCC. Add to the exclusivity and soldoutedness of these figures, the fact that they are both awesome, and you have wallet trouble my friends. Talking about just Ultimate Spider-Man Miles Morales here, we find, right out of the package, a lot to love, very cool and innovative accessories and pose-mechanics, this is a figure you are going to wish you had pre-ordered. I’m so, so sorry if you didn’t.
- Rich, deep black costume is highlighted with bright red, well designed and placed spider and webbing.
- Miles is highly articulated and capable of a ton of spider-poses.
- This is one of the first non-booted figures from One:12 that I own, the execution of extending the cloth costume to cover feet is really well executed here. The outfit remains tight over the feet and ankles while allowing for plenty of movement, almost as if by magic.
- The mechanic used to make webbing appear as if shooting from the wrists is very clever, there is a ridge in the web sling hands that webbing fits into and it is mounted between hand and wrist to complete the look and hold.
- Wall crawling magnetic figure clip is included and really works well, very cool way to toss Spidey up on the fridge.
- Spider-Head webbing is very well done, looks great.
- Included magnetic webbing allows for further deep, rich posing options.
- I am not upset about it, but the general Internet grumble is that there are no web holding hands so that Ultimate Spidey can look like he’s mid grab swing.
- The other Internet grumble is the height of the figure, he is generally as tall as any other One:12 figure, and consensus is that Miles is a kid and should be shorter. I go on further down below about how I’m not really mad at that, because I’m not. But it’s worth a mention.
- Peter Parker Spider-Man isn’t available yet.
Mezco has done another excellent job of creating a highly coveted, well designed, beautiful figure as a “summer” / “convention” exclusive. Miles Morales / Ultimate Spider-Man features great accessories and a true to comic look. Folks are already complaining about the figures height, and yes, Miles is definitely shorter than Peter in the comic-verse, but be educated about manufacturing and figure design if you are a collector. By changing the outfit, Mezco has an easy and cost effective variant figure that was brought to the “niche” market of SDCC with minimal effort. If they changed the height of the figure it would have equated to a significant change in design soup to nuts, we simply wouldn’t have gotten this figure at SDCC of this year. I’m far happier to have Miles Morales Ultimate Spider-Man than I’d ever be annoyed that he was the same height as Peter Parker. Granted, I’m not picky over things like that anyway, I just love access to more characters in one of my favorite figure lines of this decade!
If you didn’t get Miles at SDCC, and you didn’t pre-order him from Mezco, your options are limited to the aftermarket, and the aftermarket is brutal. Amazon has the figure listed for $159.99. You may have better luck camping an auction on eBay. Either way, if you want the figure, don’t wait too long the prices only go up!
The fine folks at Mezco have an exceptional toy line in One:12, one they are expanding exponentially, and this week, they add Homecoming Spider-Man to the roster. Release date is TBD, but check out that fine prototype!
Mezco One:12 Commander Steve Rogers
Welcome my friends, and happy 4th of July to my fellow Americans. For once, timing worked out pretty cool. I scored a Mezco One:12 Commander Steve Rogers from a good dude on Facebook for an astonishing price. It shipped, I managed to shoot it over the weekend, and like I said…timing. Commander Steve Rogers, THE Captain America greets you on this high USA holiday! Now, Commander Steve Rogers is, I think, technically a PX Previews Exclusive “variant” of the Mezco One:12 Captain America figure, of which, there are two others, the deluxe classic, and the standard release. MUReview LOVED the deluxe classic, in fact, he was one of our first two comic based One:12 figures…a patient zero if you will, where the addiction started. You can check out that review here, it’s also all about America. For today though, let’s honor what our forefathers fought for, Independence, Freedom, and all the things we hold dear here in the good ole’ U.S. of A!
- Commander Steve comes decked out in his 2000’s run uniform, no flag, but you still sort of have a start and some stripes, all painted against a deep navy blue with bursting red leg stripes.
- Caps boots are highly detailed, brown to match the coloring of the comics, though it should be noted, in the comics he wears brown boot / shin guards over brown boots. Still, they look great, and as a variant, you’ll stick close to the base figure anyway.
- Included shield is translucent, looks fantastic, and is also magnetic, like the other One:12 Caps.
- Magnetic shield sticks to Steve’s arm, and to his back harness for carrying.
- Steve comes with 9 extra hands for all sorts of fun and patriotic poses.
- Included stand echoes the design of the uniform perfectly.
- What a cool opportunity this would have been to include the aged Commander Steve Rogers face as an alternate head!
It’s the Fourth of July, couldn’t think of a better way to share my patriotic spirit with you, than by sharing this figure. He’s fantastic, another gem from Mezco One:12. The only trouble with this over the other Cap releases, is that this is definitely more a collector piece, this outfit is a deeper cut than the other costumes, and some folks may not know who Commander Rogers is.
Rogers was a 2016 release, so I know, I’m playing catch up here. That means however, he’s not necessarily a figure you can walk out and buy…mostly. He is still available (limited) on Amazon though, so grab him up!
Mezco One:12 Daredevil
When I look at the pages and pages of posts I’ve done, and then filter it down to Mezco One:12 reviews, that list becomes a little less than one full page. That page starts with the NYCC 2016 Exclusive Daredevil review. That review started my love affair with Mezco One:12. Since then, 8 more reviews including this one have come along, and so many …so so many pre-orders, that I am ever so impatiently waiting for.
I absolutely love Shadowland Daredevil, but a little part of me wanted good ole’ reliable big red Daredevil. So I went out, moved, shaked, begged, borrowed, stole, and traded my way into this beauty you see below you! Mezco’s original Daredevil release. Now, I recently took a look at the original release Punisher Vs. The Toy Fair exclusive. The differences were limited to the color of a vest and belt. There is a little more to dig into with respect to Daredevil, so I’ll note the differences and expand on my original review where appropriate. Again special thanks to Daniel for the solid trade.
- Difference 1 – Suit color. The biggest most obvious, we go from black on black to red on red.
- Difference 2 – Red Daredevil comes with two alternate heads, an unmasked Murdock and a half broken masked daredevil.
- Difference 3 – Entirely different box, the Red DD is a full size One:12 box, all read with the door and window. The exclusive box is smaller, no window / door, but has that “Exclusive” sticker on it.
- The alternate heads included with this Daredevil make the set for me. Being able to display DD maskless, where the maskless face looks like an actual person you might see in the street is amazing.
- Battle damage mask also looks amazing and will lend itself well to all sorts of mid-fight diorama scenes.
- The acrobatic pose-ability offered here is just amazing. Incredible articulation mixed with a flexible flight stand, the world is our oyster.
- The DD sense behind the head piece is still just the coolest add in ever.
- The different shades and materials of red blend very well here, the plastic guards, the leather, and cloth all come together to show off a stunning Daredevil costume.
- I am fully in love with this figure, I’ve got nothing to say here.
The production lines must be running hot at Mezco. One:12 cranks out hit after hit figure. So many have come since this Daredevil, and there are so many more announced and already pre-ordered. This red Daredevil figure is now a favorite, like the Shadowland version was before it. Being that I grew up with this version, or very close to it, he takes the cake for me, and I couldn’t be happier to have him. I have to once again thank my friend Daniel for the hook up, and Mezco for the making him.
2017 is the year that people “lost they damned minds” over Mezco One:12. If you don’t pre-order, forget about it. That is the case with the large portion of the One:12 releases. Thankfully though, this Daredevil is still available even on the aftermarket at a reasonable price. Check him out on Amazon.
Mezco One:12 Green Arrow
Man, the Green Arrow went up and down for pre-order on Mezco’s site while I was sleeping. I don’t know how long it was actually up, but I tend to sleep for really long periods of time. The moral of the story is, I missed out on the pre-order. However, thanks to another blockbuster trade with my buddy Daniel (are there more in the works? I want to bring you more One:12!), I now have my hands and eyes on this exceptional Green Arrow figure. Interestingly enough, I just went to look for an actual release date of this figure on some sort of One:12 Wiki are official source of information / database of One:12’s….Man, someone should get on that!
- The Arrows…. Mr. Queen comes with a literal amount of 5 individual arrows, 13 counting the unseprate-able bundles. Each is unique.
- Single Arrow
- Grappling Hook Arrow
- Explosive silver tip looking Arrow
- Explosive green tip looking Arrow
- 3 pack Arrow
- Quiver full of shafts set that fits snugly and looks perfect in Green Arrows backpack quiver.
- Can’t talk about arrows without talking about the bow. Green Arrows bow is sturdy, the string is well affixed to the bow for what has already held up well to light posing. If you aren’t careful though, you will definitely send an arrow flying, it’s tight enough for that.
- The leather work on this figure is unlike anything I’ve ever seen in this or any figure scale. Buckles, belts, his entire jerkin is so finely stitch point detailed, it is a site to behold.
- One of the few times I’ve ever seen a “hood” work on a figure. The way it is engineered with the poseable piping at the mouth of it is really something to behold.
- HIs boots look armored, and the armor looks battle damaged perfectly. The same can be said of Green Arrow’s bracers.
- Arrows iconic Errol Flynn goatee is perfectly captured here.
- The sneaky back belted dagger looks briliant, and more brilliant still is that you can pose Green Arrow in a reach for it.
- 5 sets of hands of all kinds are included here.
- The Mezco One:12 Green Arrow, does not in fact, come with a boxing glove arrow…dang.
Mezco One:12 makes giant step after giant step with each figure they release, and the place where they started was already head and shoulders above in the scale. These are ultra-premium figures at an absolutely reasonable price (as long as you pre-order and don’t mind waiting). Green Arrow adds to the already impressive, and rapidly growing roster of super heroes in the One:12 line that includes a greatest hits of both your favorite DC and Marvel characters. Do you want this figure? Yes? Is he worth a kidney? That’s your decision to make, but as I’m given to understand, you only really need one.
Excitement for Mezco One:12 of any figure variety is at a fever pitch. They are flying out of stock on websites and while the aftermarket (Amazon / eBay) is still reasonable in price, it’s about the only place left to go unless you are pre-ordering at MezcoToyz.com or a place like BigBadToyStore.com. The lesson here is, pre-order if you want it. You will miss the boat if you don’t, and you don’t want to do that.