Yesterday, St. Patrick’s Day, Mezco made their Box O’ Gold St. Patrick’s Day Mystery Box sale live. For $50, you get at least $100 worth of Mezco Merch, and a chance at up to $500 worth. The fixin’s could come from anywhere in the Mezco line. Well, MUReview LOVES Mezco, so we rolled the dice…what did we get? …before I show you…I ordered this yesterday…it’s here today. EPIC! Oh…
and it’s still available as of today, 3/18! It’s sold out.
A Heisenberg Key chain!
A Sons of Anarchy Key chain!
A One:12 Batman…POSTER!
And the crown jewel of our mystery box, the One:12 scale Frankenstein Door Diorama, which retails for over $100 by itself! Spoiler alert, this was $50 well spent! We have a ton of pictures of the dio below, but what you need to know is that it’s amazing, it’s heavy…it’s really really heavy…also, it’s amazing!
- Highly detailed
- Functioning door with handles on each side.
- Treasure chest included (doesn’t open)
- Cardboard backdrop art piece.
This piece is beautiful. I don’t have Frankenstein, and I don’t have my One:12 figures with me, they stay at work now, but I’ll be bringing this piece to work to hang with my One:12 figures. This screams “put the Punisher here!” and I’m gonna do that.
Mezco One:12 The Flash
My first official MezcoToyz.com purchase of a One:12 figure! This is so freaking exciting! The Flash!! So…this is what happened. They announced The Flash. I was ecstatic. The Flash went up for sale, I missed it. The Flash was listed as sold out. I was devastated. Then, outta nowhere, The Flash went up for order…so I clicked, and I clicked hard. Then, I waited, impatiently, through Toy Fair, where I got to see it in person like 10 times, and love and want it more. Then…finally….Friday, it arrived at my house, and there was great joy. How come though? What’s so good about this figure…well…for one thing, shut your pie hole, what kind of question is that even? But for the other, you can just scroll…and I’m sorry I yelled at you…but you needed to be told.
- The Flash’s outfit is a perfect fit and perfect color. The red fabric is The Flash through and through from page to plastic.
- Lightening bolt accent pieces are well designed, look wonderful, and there really isn’t any concern that they’d fall off. You should be careful using the included flight stand around the waist piece.
- The standard-eyed head is highly detailed and the eyes look fantastic.
- The star of the figure for me is the white-eyed Barry head, the smirk, the eyes, it’s The Flash at his finest, tapping the Speed Force!
- Accessories apart from the alt head include:
- 2 alternate pairs of hands, fast run hands and grasping hands. Hands are easily interchangeable.
- 4 lightening effects, 2 for hands, 2 for feet…yes, I know I used the hand pieces wrong…I’m silly like that.
- Speed Cyclone effect, fits perfect on the hand peg, looks great.
- Stand with standing peg and a full armed flight stand for wall running…what else?
- Fantastic pose-ability allows the Flash to get into all sorts of great run / jump / speed poses. Joints are tight but easily move-able.
- This may be the most minor complaint I’ve ever had, but as a matter of preference, I always liked the Flash bolts high on his boots vs where they are situated here around the ankle.
One:12 has brought another de-facto figure version of a character to bare on us all, and we…mostly we have to buy it. This is a great figure, if you are a fan of the Flash, you shouldn’t hesitate. You should also know that you can pick up a “variant” to this figure as well, Zoom! Zoom is out now, but could be tough to find, he’s a PX Previews exclusive figure and generally retails for about $80.
Getting The Flash will be a little tricky too. The Mezco Official site has an option to be added to a wait list, but The Flash has already sold out twice there. It is sold out at BigBadToyStore.com too. A sure bet for today, a little more expensive, but you can pick this up at Amazon. Flash generally retails for about $75.
Mezco One:12 Toy Fair Exclusive Punisher
“Come on god, answer me. for years I’m asking why, why are the innocent dead and the guilty alive? Where is justice? Where is punishment? Or have you already answered, have you already said to the world here is justice, here is punishment, here, in me.” – The Punisher 1989
MUReview was lucky enough to have been invited to the Mezco 2017 Pre-Toy Fair Event at their headquarters in Long Island City. We had a great time and brought you, what I hope you think, was awesome coverage of the event! When we left that event, our friends at Mezco handed us a bag with a Toy Fair Exclusive One:12 Collective figure in it. Now…I’m not going to lie to you, I wanted to open that bag, right in front of everyone and see what was in it. I really really wanted to, but that seemed immature. So, I went around the corner to the couch where my coat was, peeked into the bag, and saw The One:12 Collective Punisher figure. My heart leapt, I wanted to skweee with joy, but also, that felt immature, so I didn’t. I waited till I got outside, and did a silent tiny fist pump. A fist pump that I didn’t know at the time, probably should have been way bigger. Turns out, not only did Mezco hook me up with the One:12 Punisher, and I wouldn’t find out till later, this is actually a Toy Fair exclusive figure, that as far as I can tell, was / will only be handed out by Mezco at that event, and maybe at Toy Fair 2017 to some folks that missed the event. So…pretty cool, right? WRONG! Fudgin’ amazing is what it is, because not only is the Punisher an epic figure for the ages, this one is made even cooler by being just…none more black is the best way I can describe it. Let’s have a look at The Mezco One:12 Toy Fair 2017 Exclusive Punisher!
- Remember that scene in the Matrix where Neo is like “Guns, lots of guns”? Mezco applied that logic here. The Punisher comes with some of the most amazing weapon accessories I have ever seen included. Buckle up, I’m gonna talk about guns for a little before I get to the figure.
- Included sub-machine gun comes with two clips. They actually clip into the gun.
- Pistol comes with two clips, they also actually clip into the gun.
- Machine gun comes with two clips…they clip into the freaking gun (sense a theme?!)
- Grenade launcher comes with 6 bullets. The stock of the launcher rotates so that you can pop each bullet into the 6 round chamber. The grenade launcher stock also has a hinge that flips up for alternate methods of storage and in-hand carry.
- Bullet burst effect included and it fits into the barrel of each gun (except grenade launcher).
- Not applicable to this figure or the standard retail Punisher, but if you score the $130 deluxe version, he comes with…you guessed it…EVEN MORE GUNS!!!
- Also included, a knife, that if you tried hard enough, you could probably actually cut something with. It’s small, but for plastic, it’s got an edge.
- Ok, enough gushing about guns….ok one more. The pistol, check the gallery, the slide action actually works! (the top part of the gun is articulated to go back and forth as the gun would do in real life when fired, or click to when empty (does that really happen, or is that just what TV uses to tell me it’s empty? I’m not incredibly gun-knowledgeable).
- Included are three hyper detailed Frank Castle heads, one normal but pist-off looking one, one where he’s meant to look like he took a few punches, and another where he’s outright raging mad…let’s call that shooty face. Each head / face looks shockingly life-like, less like it was based on a comic book character, more like someone took a picture of a person, scanned it into a computer and made that the head.
- This being an exclusive variant of The Punisher, his chest armor is black instead of white. This leads the overall feeling of the figure to be darker, grittier, and I love it.
- Chest armor and belt are removable.
- Sometimes The Punisher has to roll his sleeves up and get dirty. Not a problem here, just push his sleeves up to increase bad-ass level to 11.
- Articulation on this figure has me drooling for when we get Spider-Man. There isn’t much in the way of posing he can’t achieve, you can basically move him any which way at every joint up through crunching him comfortably into a tiny ball.
- The Punisher includes good quality cloth clothing and very nicely detailed boots and gloves.
- Included, but not used in our photo shoot, the Punisher comes with a flight stand. This will facilitate all sorts of kick in the door, dive in the room sort of action shots.
- I’m in love with this figure, but it’s not without it’s flaw (no “s”). Anyone who comes round here knows that I’m a little greedy, and knows that I value something kinda ridiculous above a lot else. One of my favorite action figure features, is that if you give a figure accessories, that they have a place to stow, store or hold them. The One:12 Collective Punisher comes with “lots of guns” and bullet clips, and has naught but two hands and a blade holster for his knife. Who knows what it would have done to the cost, but The Punisher has a ton of pouches on his removable belt, if they were all hollowed out and open / closable, there’d be a place at least for all the additional clips, throw in a pistol holder, maybe a strap on the rifle or grenade launcher, and you’ve got storage for each weapon. For me that would take this figure, that is already astonishing, and make it literally freaking perfect.
I think I’ve said this every time I’ve taken a look at a One:12 figure. This is some next level stuff. What One:12 is doing with action figures is Legendary. I don’t know that there is anything else out there in this scale offering this level of detail, this articulation, quite Frank-ly (haaa), this passion towards the characters that they are bringing to bare. Mezco leaves very little to be desired with any figure I’ve seen in this line so far (if anything at all). The Punisher will join my Shadowlands Daredevil and Classic Cap on my filing cabinet next to my desk at work, where co-workers will frequently stop and say “Damn, that’s cool”. 2017 and 2018 gives us an incredible amount to look forward to from Mezco in the One:12 line, tons of great Marvel characters including Deadpool, Spider-Man, Doctor Strange, Iron Man, and Wolverine, and fantastic DC heroes, Superman, Darkseid, The Flash, Green Arrow, Wonder Woman, Harley Quinn, The Joker, Shazam, Batman too! I’m really excited to be able to share reviews with you for at least a few of the above mentioned, but seriously, wallets gon’ be hurtin’ this year!
This particular version of the Punisher is highly exclusive, distributed only to attendees of their 2017 Pre-Toy Fair event in New York. You’ll have to find someone who scandalously wants to sell theirs on the secondary market to get hands on this all black Punisher. You have other options though. The standard issue Punisher from Mezco (white chest skull armor) is on sale now where you buy figures, places like, Big Bad Toy Store for $80! You can also pre-order the Deluxe Punisher PX Previews Exclusive (included red chest armor, harness, and lots more guns and alternate accessories) from Big Bad Toy Store for $130.
Mezco One:12 Convention Exclusive Captain America
The dust is settling on NYCC 2016, folks are home wrapping up their coverage, opening their toys, and we here at MUReview are doing the same. While at NYCC we picked up two absolutely exceptional gems. The Mezco One:12 Collective Convention Exclusive Shadowland Daredevil, which we took a look at yesterday, and the Mezco One:12 Collective Convention Exclusive (classic) Captain America. We absolutely loved the Daredevil for all of the incredible things it got right, and even some of the things it didn’t get technically right. I’m pretty sure we are looking at more of the same with Cap here….but let’s take a closer look.
- I would wager a good chunk of money that Mezco, in their One:12 line spends more time on details of boot laces than many other companies spend on whole figures.
- Cap includes 5 1/2 pairs of hands. Some are good for shield holding, knife holding, fist punching, finger pointing, and even a thumbs up for good measure.
- Included grenades make for some awesome poses (see the gallery)
- Whenever a figure has a weapon and a holster for that weapon I swoon. Cap has one for his knife.
- Not pictured, but the included shoulder straps can be used to magnetically mount Cap’s shield to his back!
- Magnets also in Cap’s wrists to help the shield stay in place when held.
- Cap’s shield has a plastic handle vs straps. Another nice choice to help the shield stay in place for great poses.
- Unmasked Cap head is nearly perfect. A smile would have been really fun.
- Articulation here is unreal, pose-ability is near endless.
- Near endless pose-ability is further supported by the included stand arm. Cap can either stand on the shield stand by foot peg, or use the wast clip on the arm stand.
- The execution of Cap’s scalloped shirt top is beautiful.
- Attention to detail is just all over the place. I mentioned boot laces, but he’s got all kinds of padding on his hands, wrists, shines, the shield harness. No stone is left unturned here.
- The collector tin packaging for this figure, seriously, Mezco has got to be kidding with the amount of value for $100 here!
- Cap comes with a pair of grenades. The grenades are awesome, but there isn’t any real place to put them on the figure safely.
Mezco has taken action figure creation to a whole other level with it’s One:12 Collective line. As mentioned in our Daredevil piece, the upcoming lineup of figures / characters is mind boggling. 2017 is going to be a very expensive year I think, but my shelves will appreciate it. For now, the One:12 line has moved to my office and sits over my shoulder in glory. Folks have been stopping in all week to check out the figures, and it’s justifiable, because they are beautiful pieces of art. One:12 has a targeted retail between $80 and $120 for most of their figures, an incredibly generous price point for value to figure. While there is a ton of value, $80 isn’t 20, so there will be a challenge with this line. It’s a bit pricey to dive in as a completest. However, with the variation in characters and even licenses, there looks like there will be enough variety to make everyone happy with must haves.
The aftermarket is where you have to go ….so good luck on Amazon!!
NYCC 2016: Mezco One:12 Convention Exclusive Shadowland Daredevil
Mezco has stepped to the plate with their One:12 Collective line, and with every pitch, they have knocked it out of the park, a veritable Home Run Derby of action figures. The line, which started last year, I think…might be two years ago now, time flies, features attention to character detail found only in exceptionally premium toys / statues. So add One:12 to that list of premium figures, but with a reasonable price tag, what could go wrong? Literally nothing, everything is amazing, especially in this 2016 Convention Exclusive Shadowland Daredevil.
- Let’s start with the accessories, Daredevil includes a flat base with peg, a flight arm, and a clip on arm that let’s you put the red sonar effect behind DD’s head. Also included, 8 additional hands, and two pairs of billy clubs, one un-tethered, the other tethered with wire to facilitate a throwing effect. Daredevil also comes with 6 total pairs of hands…SIX!
- Billy clubs fit perfectly in the hands meant for holding, they also fit perfectly in Daredevil’s hip holster.
- Attention to detail is amazing. Padding on his boots, his gloves. His wrist bands are amazing. His utility belt and holster, the material used makes the red explode off of the figure.
- Costume material is perfect in the right places, it’s a mix of a cloth material and leather (like) material.
- Costume stitching is well done / well hidden.
- Articulation is absolutely fantastic, especially considering that the costume should be more of a hindrance.
- Marry good articulation with an included stand arm and you have the possibility for endless amazing poses!
- The DD on his chest and the belt are not necessarily 100% comic accurate. The DD has a different shape in the comics, and he’s unbelted in the comics. Not for nothing though, these design decisions actually do look cooler on the figure, they add more depth to the character, specifically the utility belt.
The future lineup for One:12 is dizzying. What was on display at NYCC this year shows that we are looking at a toy line that is hitting it’s stride. In 2016 – 2017 you can expect Captain America, other Daredevil outfits, multiple Punishers, Red Skull, Flash, Superman, Darkseid, Deathstroke, the list goes on and the characters featured are absolutely iconic. The list even extends beyond the comics. We will see horror characters, Star Trek, Space Ghost. It’s Mezcos time to shine and as long as they keep the quality that is demonstrated in this Daredevil up, it’s not going to be a problem for them. If One:12 wasn’t on your radar to this point, it’s time to put them there, these figures are astonishing! This being my first One:12 figure, I can tell you honestly, it won’t be my last. In fact, it definitely isn’t, Captain America will be reviewed here shortly, and I don’t expect him to be my last either.
Shadowland Daredevil is a convention exclusive. If you want him, you’ll pay aftermarket prices, which aren’t terrible on Amazon.