Funko Pop: DC Super Heroes Firestorm
One of the highlights of any Toy Fair in New York City for most of the past recent years has been a stop at the Funko booth. 2016 was no different, but you might be asking yourself why I’m talking about an event that happened now 4 months ago….well, one of the coolest things I saw at Toy Fair 2016 was the Funko Pop DC Super Heroes Firestorm figure. Firestorm has always been one of my most favorite DC characters, not quite A-list, cool powers, fun to read and really cool to look at. That Funko brought him to the Pop format is another check off my bucket list of characters that I’ve always wanted, so for that, I’m excited. More though, this is a freaking awesome figure! Let’s check him out!
- Flaming hair is captured perfectly.
- Sharp lines and very clean paint application.
- The white eyes can see for miles and miles.
- Firestorm is wearing my favorite, his most classic costume!
- He’s not actually on fire…but I guess that’s as much a good thing as it is a bad thing.
- Easily the best figure in an awesome wave of DC Super Heroes from Funko. Though, the rest of the wave is nothing to sneeze at either, Supergirl, Power Girl, and Cyborg join Firestorm in the Pop lineup in 2016.
Funko Pop! Vinyl Marvel Bobble: Howard The Duck
Howard the Duck was first introduced to me when I was young. 1986. I was 7. I was terrified of the crazy monster that Dr. Jennings became for the first few watches, but eventually got over it. Howard has since been one of my favorite movies. It wasn’t really till later in life that I realized that he was part of Marvel. I thought it was just a ridiculous awesome movie. There are many that would disagree on the awesome point, but it hit all the right buttons for me and I loved it. I go back and watch it now and again. It holds up, for me. Nostalgia aside…this isn’t your daddy’s Howard the Duck…and I guess in this instance…that means it isn’t my Howard the Duck! Still, it’s Howard, and I heart Howard in all of his forms. This one being that of his Marvel Comics appearance look.
Howard the Duck
- As usual, Funko captures the target character perfectly!
- Clean paint application, perfect lines. Excellent detail in the tie and hat!
- Deep black eyes!
- Nice cut on the suit.
- Surprisingly good detail on his belt buckle.
- He’s not flocked / feathered.
- He’s not the classic movie Howard I’ve always wanted.
- If you love Howard, you want this figure!
Funko Pop! Vinyl Marvel Bobble: Agent Phil Coulson
First introduced way back when in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, poking around camp Stark, looking for answers from Pepper Potts. Agent Phil Coulson has become a mainstay, now heading up S.H.I.E.L.D. proper in the Agents of show of the same name. Trust that Phil, is an absolute must have in bobble form!
- Exceptional attention to detail. The clothes, the sunglasses!
- Love the ear piece.
- Excellent paint, very clean, no flaws.
- Love him, I don’t even have something funny bad to say about him.
MUReview received these products for free.
Just in time for the biggest movie release of the Summer, Guardians of the Galaxy, opening Thursday night into Friday 8/1, we are going to take a 4 year old look at the Funko Bobble Head Guardians line.
MUReview was lucky enough to snag Rocket, Star Lord and Groot, and Ryan is thrilled to take you through is look at them. You can also check out detailed images after the video!
Our second dip into the Guardians of the Galaxy Mystery Mini pool gives us Star Lord (with mask). The level of detail on these little guys is fantastic and they make excellent desk buddies. Here is what we thought of The Star Lord!
What we like
- Exceptional molding detail on Star Lord’s mask.
- Highly detailed guns and jacket.
- Bright and vivid paint application that is accurate and clean.
This is something that has been in the works for a while. I kept going over and over grabbing new footage, different figures, and I have a ton of video to edit, and a ton of fun stuff to share. I know some of the edits are quick and there are sudden stops where there should be fades, but I figured, let’s get one in the books, let’s put something on paper, let’s take the first step.
It is with that, that I invite you to play the video below, a short video of my son talking about the Funko Pop! Vinyl Sandy figure from Sponge Bob Squarepants. I hope you all enjoy!